PDA internet acces

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

PDA internet acces

Post by woodchip »

OK, so I'm at the point where I'm looking for a wireless broadband package. With AT&T and Verizon they both have a 5gb plan for 60.00 a month. Now I'm looking to access my stock streaming java screen for real time stock prices and the info I got was per 15 minute block of time the java stream might use 100 - 200 meg. Not good if I check in 4-5 times a day as I will then easily burn thru the 5 gb limit.

So, upon checking a bit more I find that for a Blackberry style PDA, I could get unlimited internet access for and voice for 70.00 a month (I already pay 37.00 a month for voice and text). My problem would be the size of the PDA screen and being able to actually see a web page with out have to get a magnifying glass.
Now the real cleaver thing the sales gal came up with is there is equipment I could dock the PDA to a laptop and thus have a laptop screen to view with.

So I ask any of you here, have you tried this docking scheme out and does it work?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I got the Blackberry 8350i and screen does not appear to be a problem as there is a zoom feature. All is well
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Are you sure the 5GB limit doesn't also apply to the blackberry?
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Plan says unlimited web use so I assume it means just that. 5 gb plan is prolly more for straight laptop connect where large downloads are more likely. Kinda hard to download a lot into a Blackberry I suspect.