OH MY G**

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

OH MY G**

Post by CUDA »

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ss ... hirts.html

PC Run Amok AGAIN :roll:
MILL CREEK, Wash. -- What began as an attempt to build school spirit at Jackson High School in Mill Creek has turned into a dispute over words.

For spirit week, the Associated Student Body at the suburban school northeast of Seattle passed out T-shirts Tuesday with slogans for each year -- \"Krabby Patty\" for freshmen, \"Stain\" for sophomores, \"Mole Rat\" for juniors, and \"Burnt Toast\" for seniors.

But some parents and teachers said the goofy names have sexual connotations. The Seattle Times reported Friday that students have been asked not to wear them.
Previously, there were objections to T-shirts printed up for a spring pep rally with the words \"Battle of the Sexes\" printed on blue shirts for boys and pink shirts for girls.

Espinoza said some teachers and students complained that it was insensitive to students who struggled with sexual identity.
WHAT SEXUALITY IDENTITY?!?!?!?!

your either Male or female, unless your a hermaphrodite, but your sexual leanings has nothing to do with this
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

I think at some point, the american school system stopped teaching people how to do basic research, like using a dictionary.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

oh they use the Dictionary, the Urban Dictionary. :roll: I guess they can't spell Websters
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: OH MY G**

Post by Dakatsu »

CUDA wrote:http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ss ... hirts.html

PC Run Amok AGAIN :roll:
MILL CREEK, Wash. -- What began as an attempt to build school spirit at Jackson High School in Mill Creek has turned into a dispute over words.

For spirit week, the Associated Student Body at the suburban school northeast of Seattle passed out T-shirts Tuesday with slogans for each year -- "Krabby Patty" for freshmen, "Stain" for sophomores, "Mole Rat" for juniors, and "Burnt Toast" for seniors.

But some parents and teachers said the goofy names have sexual connotations. The Seattle Times reported Friday that students have been asked not to wear them.
Previously, there were objections to T-shirts printed up for a spring pep rally with the words "Battle of the Sexes" printed on blue shirts for boys and pink shirts for girls.

Espinoza said some teachers and students complained that it was insensitive to students who struggled with sexual identity.
WHAT SEXUALITY IDENTITY?!?!?!?!

your either Male or female, unless your a hermaphrodite, but your sexual leanings has nothing to do with this
There is more than just orientation, there are also transexuals. (Hence, GLBT)

There is a small point on the second one, but the first one is total Bee Ess!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

transexual = damaged goods. It's further down the decision corridor. One lives with me and I know more about it than I care to.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So once again a small number dictates what the large number can or cannot do.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

The american public school system is a joke, and it's not funny.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

\"But you said you'd make me into a woman!!!\"

\"No, I only made you LOOK like a woman.\"

\"So I'm just some jerk-off with a mutilated penis?\"

\"Yeah, basically.\"
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

SilverFJ wrote:"But you said you'd make me into a woman!!!"

"No, I only made you LOOK like a woman."

"So I'm just some jerk-off with a mutilated penis?"

"Yeah, basically."
:D

I really don't know much about transsexuals, it always seemed to me that they would either be their original gender or modified into the other one, not in-between... I guess Wikipedia can rescue me :D
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Dakatsu wrote:I guess Wikipedia can rescue me :D
Why, do they have some means of washing the aforementioned out of one's mind?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Dakatsu wrote:...I really don't know much about transsexuals, it always seemed to me that they would either be their original gender or modified into the other one, not in-between... I guess Wikipedia can rescue me :D
I don't know much about them either but I do know that the "in between" you mention is something I wouldn't want to look into! It's taken me years to wash away The Crying Game image from my mind!!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The first one is total BS. PC gone too far. I think the shirts were funny. Parents just have no sense of humor sometimes.

However the second one, maybe they should have had a PURPLE shirt for those who were ballsy enough go public with their sexuality. However, even though I'm female, I HATE PINK and would never wear it! Crappy assumption that all girls like pink, let alone make them wear it.

ICK, GAG, CHOKE, AAAACK, RETCH! :P