Windex

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Windex

Post by woodchip »

It would appear that the white house press core has finally gotten tired of the programed press briefings orchestrated by the White House. Three cheers for Helen Thomas:

Gibbs: “Well, because I didn't know you were going to ask a question, Helen.
Go ahead.”

Thomas: “Well, you should have.”

Reporter: Thank you for your support.

Gibbs: “That's good. Have you e-mailed your question today?”

Thomas: “I don't have to e-mail it. I can tell you right now what I want to ask.”

For the full exchange:
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/a ... rcID=50445
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

I was hoping this \"send in your question\" would end when Obama entered office, but not only hasn't it ended, it seems to of only gotten worse... :cry:

I'm going to watch this closely, and I am really considering writing a letter to the White House... or at least typing one (if I feel too lazy to write): http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/

There is an address to send mail, and if I do send something it would probably be by mail, not by that weird e-mail thing, mainly so I know they at least receive it.

Helen Thomas never disappoints. People claim she has a liberal bias. This may be true, but many reporters, entirely dependent from their political leaning, can still call bull★■◆● from any direction. She is one of them.

I desperately hope this changes, hopefully news organizations pick up fire on this, and it does. It's one thing to have poor policies, but when the press can't even ask a question free from scanning, there is no excuse.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Pwnt. Totaly agree on this one, screening the press? What happeneded to America?
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

Stroodles wrote:Pwnt. Totaly agree on this one, screening the press? What happeneded to America?
The opposition is in total disarray, however, I think we're about to see a grassroots resurgence in voting, or better yet, voting out incumbents.

In all the years I've been voting I have ALWAYS voted against the person in office.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.