BreakOut is a new Descent3 Multiplayer Team Game I started working on over a year ago. I recently got the opportunity to finally finish it, and I'm excited to announce that it's ready, and up for play!
For those not already familiar with this game mode, fundamentally it's very simple:
- Capture opposing players by shooting them down.
- Your team wins the round if you capture all the other players.
- Team winning the most rounds wins the game.
- The Twist: Captured players can be freed by their teammates!
- Compiled for both Windows and Linux versions of Descent3.
- Can be hosted as Dedicated Server or started within D3.
- English and German language built-in.
- Simplified specs allow for innovation in future level designs.
Here's the initial download link: Get BreakOut for Descent3!
The zip comes with the gametype mod (the .d3m file, which goes in the /netgames folder), plus three compatible levels:
- \"Alcatraz\", an incredible custom-designed level by RoadRunner:
- \"GlassHouse BreakOut\", a modification of RoadRunner's classic CTF/Anarchy level:
- \"HalfPipe BreakOut\", a modification of the original Outrage level:
For details (F.A.Q., Special Thanks, gameplay tips, level design specs), see the BreakOut ReadMe.
Anyway, there are already servers hosting BreakOut games, so jump in!