Wait for SP1 for Win7?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Wait for SP1 for Win7?

Post by thewolfe »

Guess that about says it all.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I can't think of any reason to off-hand. The usual reason people wait for the service pack is to avoid new-release bugs, but even the release candidate didn't have that many of them.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Not really necessary because all the show stopping bugs were squashed in Vista already and Windows 7 is based off Vista. You can't quite call it Vista service pack 3, but its still very close to that kind of analogy.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Um technically it was already released in a way but not really called a Service Pack, October 14th before 7 Hit the streets, Auto-update works 13 updates addressing 34 issues. I downloaded the pack

This is not Vista where even SP2 does not address the issues. Vista development ignored all the Lessons learned from the XP Experience

Windows 7 is Good to Go!!!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I recently built a computer with Vista Business and an upgrade coupon to Windows 7. However my Client's accounting program Simply Accounting Pro 2009 has glitches with Windows 7 and Vista, so I downgraded her to XP Pro for now. I really don't need the aggravation working out unknown bugs for no pay and would prefer to have a happy customer issue me a cheque after my work is complete. I'm waiting until all the main biz apps have their bugs worked out before installing Win 7 on any business machine.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

2010 is supposed to address those issues

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

BUBBALOU wrote:
This is not Vista where even SP2 does not address the issues. Vista development ignored all the Lessons learned from the XP Experience
well really, this is like Vista SP4. :roll: "Thanks for your 4 years of free beta for us." :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Duper wrote:well really, this is like Vista SP4.
Absolutely not.... Vista is Windows ME with an NT Kernel covered with UAC brand Condom

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

haha :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

*snicker* :)
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Canuck wrote:I recently built a computer with Vista Business and an upgrade coupon to Windows 7. However my Client's accounting program Simply Accounting Pro 2009 has glitches with Windows 7 and Vista, so I downgraded her to XP Pro for now.
If they have 7 Professional or up, and I'd assume they do since it's a business, just run it in XP Mode. It's a free copy of XP from Microsoft that runs inside 7 as a virtual machine. Problem solved! :)