How Much is Too Much?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

How Much is Too Much?

Post by SilverFJ »

This is something that's been worrying me recently, what is it going to take for the American people to physically fight back against encroachment on us? What would it take for you to? For example, if there comes a time due to this health care legislation, that a police officer attempts to incarcerate me because I haven't bought health insurance and I wouldn't pay my fine for not buying it? I think the second they try to take me in for that I'll die before I let them. I want to know how other people feel about that. I would have put this thought in one of the other healthcare threads but I really didn't want to divert the subject.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Well, for the opposition side it would take waking up an hour early, perhaps munching on a breakfast bar instead of time consuming cocoa puffs....once every four years.

I mean really, it's almost all Hillary and Obama debated against one another. Perhaps people are just shocked that a politician might actually do what he repeated thousands of times on national television that he was going to do?

You can die for your cause if you'd like, an easier route would of been to just pay attention and vote. (not speaking to you directly, just to the passion that often doesn't translate on Nov. 4th---but does get lumped into the phrase \"the American people\")
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well I voted so I'm gonna raise hell >: ). It will always let up before it gets intolerable with chants of CHANGE and NEW DEAL, enough to build peoples optimism back up. All the while our kids are growing accustomed to it. Nope I don't see much hope for stopping it.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’ve been thinking about this a lot…and when I get that letter stating that I must buy insurance, I’m going to send it back stating…

\"I’m self insured.\"

After that…well, you have to play it by ear. If it ever came down to actually arresting me, or taking my property…well that’s when the shooting starts.

………………………………...................

Anyway, I plan to fight this in court, if I have to buy my own insurance…then everyone should have to buy their own insurance.

Watch out Goob…that cavalier attitude just might loose you any employer supplied insurance you and others enjoy.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Spidey wrote:If it ever came down to actually arresting me, or taking my property…well that’s when the shooting starts.
That's exactly where I'm at. I'll talk as long as there's an ear, and talk my ass off. But when hands come upon me things are different.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well I take statements like that with a grain of salt. We'll see and I damn sure hope so.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, you should take statements like that with a grain of salt, on the other hand…what are we supposed to do, let the government create more criminals with a stroke of the pen?

A criminal act, should at the very least have some semblance of moral code behind it.

“Hey, what are you in for”
“ Not having health insurance”
“What?” “LOL”

If the freaking people who don’t pay their medical bills are the problem…well, make THEM the criminals!

But see…this is not about that, because they plan to subsidize those people anyway…this is about getting everyone to pay their little dues to the system. (not little BTW)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Im right there with you Spidey, but have you noticed that me, you and SilverFJ are the only ones posting in this thread? Maybe I'm just cynical at this point. I don't count Goobermans \"its all your fault post\". :P.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

\"So what did they arrest you for?\"

\"Killed a guy trying to do my woman. Did it with my bare hands. No one messes with my woman. What are you in for?\"

\"Didn't pay my insurance premiums and the Man didn't like it.\"

\"Whoa dude, you one serious MoFo. Can we be brosefs?\"
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

I think this is a serious issue. My view might be confused with extremism. But think about this kind of situation vs. something reasonable, such as property tax. We don't pay it, we're fined and/or eventually lose the property. The piece of land is protected by the United States and we, therefore, must shell out some cash for that. Great, 'cause I know I have a shitload of missiles and a military on my side. I'll pitch in for that.

Mandating health insurance is different. No matter where you are, what you do, this ★■◆●'s coming out of your pocket, buddy. If you don't want it, if you don't need it, your liberty is at stake. They WILL see \"your papers\". They WILL arrest you if you refuse to comply. It's not as simple as \"not paying your premiums\", it's being arrested for standing up for your personal freedoms.

My view isn't extreme or irresponsible or unappreciative, etc. It's reality.

Don't tread on me.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Exactly. It's the federal governments view that has become extreme not ours.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

FJ, you may take some comfort knowing not all who work for the state or federal govt. will come to lock you away:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Woodchip--
I'm reading this page, it seems great, but there's a lot of text and I'm trying to find out if they believe that mandating health insurance is unconstitutional or not.
PyroJockey
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by PyroJockey »

I live in Pennsylvania among the Amish. Local Amish businesses and their Amish employees are currently exempt from paying into the social security system (nor can they collect from it). The reason is that they consider social security a type of insurance and it is against their religious beliefs to collect from insurance. It is the family that takes care of each other in times of need. It will be interesting to see how mandatory health insurance fares as a form of religious persecution. Wouldn’t that be considered unconstitutional?