Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

This movie looks to be a really good SciFi movie and is due out in a week or so. I personally think it will be the Star Wars of this decade. I don't know if it will have the possibility of sequels but I have my hopes. After all the time (4 years in the making) and effort and if Avatar is a huge success, I hope there is a continuing sequence for later on. Any thoughts?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I watched the trailer and it looks awesome. And James Cameron directing it should be good.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

It's being billed in some quarters as the go-to movie in terms of taking 3D mainstream and building demand for in-home 3D. Myself I think that could be an exageration, but if it does well, it may get the Blueray consortium off their behind and deciding on a univeral format (or formats) for the technology at least.

So fingers crossed! Myself, I want it to succeed. :mrgreen:
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I'm going to watch the real Avatar due out in 2010 entitled The Last Airbender. ^_^
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Avatar will be a true blockbuster- a movie actually worth going to the movie house for.

Sequels? Nah, I don't think it will be drawn out into a multi-movie saga. Cameron intends this to be a stand-alone. A movie against which others are judged in terms of technology and excitement. Sequels merely diminish story lines and impact.

Impact is what Cameron intended for \"Avatar\" and that's all he created it for.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

I can't wait I can't wait icantwait icantwaiticantwait! I'm going to hopefully see it IMAX 3D.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I'm not that big into movies these days. Special effects aren't that special any more. But this film does look like fun.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Mrs. Dedman and I really want to see it. Who's up for watching the kids for a few hours?