I hate to say this but...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I hate to say this but...

Post by S13driftAZ »

I'm getting a Wii.

Yes, I think its the worst console out there but this is the reason why I'm buying it:

Here's another link to find out what this is.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3175394

So anyways, I was wondering, if any of you internet friends could point me in the right direction to Wii games that are worth playing, please tell me.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

I hear Monster Hunter is crazy popular in Japan.
Why doesn't it work?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I think the whole \"my sword's as big as a Subaru\" thing is just a riot! :lol:

The sound effects are a lot different from what we're used to here in the states. Laughed so hard at the start where that gal is munching down on that side of beef! :lol:
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Duper wrote:I think the whole "my sword's as big as a Subaru" thing is just a riot! :lol:

The sound effects are a lot different from what we're used to here in the states. Laughed so hard at the start where that gal is munching down on that side of beef! :lol:
Haha yeah the game is pretty humorous, I wonder what was going through the heads of these guys when they put some of this stuff together
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Wii isn't too bad, although I had a fair bit of work to do to get it to work with my computer monitor-cum-HD screen (only has HDMI input).

There are really only a few games I'm much interested in though, mostly because at the moment I'm really only playing the single-player side of stuff (yeah I know, dumbest platform ever for that). Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, and Metroid Prime trilogy are the main ones, though there might be a few more out there or showing up eventually.

I think there is also a Final Fantasy game out there and an upcoming Castlevania one, though I'm not 100% sure on those. Mario games are always popular, although they aren't so much my cup of tea.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Wii kicks ass.
Check out the new mario game in the red box, it's a side scroller, but Wii, and it rocks.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I'm loving the Super Mario Bros for Wii. Daughter and I are on the last level. Getting all the star coins is a ★■◆● but we will get them. :D
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

dude, for all the fan fare for how many MW2 units were sold, the new Mario has sold over 10 million units! :o
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I understand they also have workout programs with Wii, so you can work that flabby A..butt ... off.

And you can practice your bowling swing....

And numerous other sports that you could go out and play but do on the Wii instead!
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Lobber wrote:I understand they also have workout programs with Wii, so you can work that flabby A..butt ... off.

And you can practice your bowling swing....

And numerous other sports that you could go out and play but do on the Wii instead!
I said games that are worth playing ...lol
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

The Wii Fit has many balance games that are lots of fun. Trust me, you can have fun and have a workout.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Aww, don't be so hard on it. The Wii is a fun system, nothing wrong with it. If you ever hang out with your family or a lot of friends at the same time then it's probably the best system to have fun with. It's not the most powerful one but that doesn't mean it's not fun.
Why doesn't it work?
Ashes
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Ashes »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I'm loving the Super Mario Bros for Wii. Daughter and I are on the last level. Getting all the star coins is a ***** but we will get them. :D
I have it as well. Its a lot harder than all of the other Mario games I've had, and the controls are hard.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

No here's what you want!

Made by the famous developers who created Ace Combat! That is on my to get list with my 5 Best Buy gift cards. :P
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Sorry Zero, not my kinda game, but i'll check it out.

Also, I looked all over Gamespot and looked at every game for the Wii that had a rating. So far the only ones that look cool to me are Battilion wars II, monster hunter(duh), Okami, and modern warfare 2.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

NUMBERZero wrote:No here's what you want!

Made by the famous developers who created Ace Combat! That is on my to get list with my 5 Best Buy gift cards. :P
Aren't games that are based off of movies that were based off of novels usually bad?
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

This one is made by Project Aces. So far, they have always released quality games. It got an 8 on IGN's rating. I think it could have gotten higher if it... well... It's the Wii. Not much catches everyone's attention on there.

I do not think that there was a book, but IDK. I had never heard of the movie until I found out about the game. But then again! Avatar didn't have a book and it ended up with a crap game. Then AGAIN, that's Ubisoft. They don't always put out the best stuff. Example: Their wanna be Ace Combat, \"HAWX,\" SUX.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Ashes wrote:
CDN_Merlin wrote:I'm loving the Super Mario Bros for Wii. Daughter and I are on the last level. Getting all the star coins is a ***** but we will get them. :D
I have it as well. Its a lot harder than all of the other Mario games I've had, and the controls are hard.
We finsihed all 8 worlds, started world 9 but are going back and getting all the star coins. We are on world 7 now. It's fun but semi-hard.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

I played the new mario in a friends wii recently with my wife... now she wants me to get a wii :)
EngDrewman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by EngDrewman »

Krom wrote:Aren't games that are based off of movies that were based off of novels usually bad?
Not always- take 007 for example- Goldeneye was one of the top games for the N64
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Goldeneye is a game with movie elements blended into it, rather than movie elements haphazardly turned into a game.

Also it depends on the source, there are some surprisingly enjoyable Star Wars games out there.

Like any medium there are always exceptions, but it is precisely that: an exception.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

did someone mention Goldeneye
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by TigerRaptor »

roid wrote:did someone mention Goldeneye
Somebody call the exorcist.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Has anyone played the new battalion wars 2, or the modern warfare 2 reflex edition?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

x2 on zelda. The new zelda looks like a lot of fun. They remade the whole combat system.