it's all Bush's fault

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

it's all Bush's fault

Post by CUDA »

Riiiiiight
Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.
By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
Special to the Examiner
05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.

From Talk Radio News Service:

Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry, Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

Added the Speaker, the cozy relationships between the Bush administrations agency leadership and the industry is clearIve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it, Pelosi stated.

On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosis office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. Well let you know when we hear back.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... z0pLLoEdrT
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Not surprising. However, I'm a bit surprised at how little finger pointing there has been considering the scope of this disaster.

off topic: Her choice of words, \"burrowed in,\" made me chuckle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I was waiting for this shoe to drop, I know everyone wanted to say it.

I'm only surprised it took this long...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Does anyone remember how many Clinton appointees Bush kept? So I guess Katrina was really Clintons fault.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Indeed
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

When presidents 'appoint' the same failure prone insider people over and over again, no surprises here, you're going to get crap decisions and results.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The reason Pelosi does this is because she has a particularly stupid constituency so they will lick it up. Blame Bush will work for her little loonie bin district for at least a few generations yet to be born!

The reason most politicians won't do it is because the oil industry is like the number one check writer in Washington...they all have oil business skeletons in their closets and if they did and the media ever decided to show up and earn it's paycheck the hypocrisy of blaming connections to the oil industry could come back and bite them with voters as well as with the oil lobby.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

tunnelcat wrote:When presidents 'appoint' the same failure prone insider people over and over again, no surprises here, you're going to get crap decisions and results.
well a certain president was trying to make good appointments, but as you might recall, anyone he put up got stiff armed by the Dems. he was left scraping the bottom of the barrel with someone that the Dems "Approved" and wouldn't shut the entire process down.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Sooooo.

Apparently Obama is not only blameless because its all Bush's fault. but he's Clueless as well and Bush is smarter than he is since he was able to \"burrow\" his people so deep Obama hasnt been able to find them all in almost 2 years.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

It's bushes fault?

DAMN STRAIGHT!!! He started working on this right after he shot dem dinsours wit a mee teee orrr
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

woodchip wrote:Does anyone remember how many Clinton appointees Bush kept? So I guess Katrina was really Clinton's fault.
no technically it was Bush's because he sells "fossil fuels" which are compounding said global warming...which caused Katrina....

Let us not forget that it was Bush that appointed Pelosi. She seems to have forgotten.
phx13 [POC]
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by phx13 [POC] »

When Hurricane Katrina happened, it was all President Bush's fault for the way the government handled the situation. Now that everyone is nice and pissed off at how the oil spill is being treated, I haven't seen one finger pointed at President Obama. Gee I wonder why?