Osama Bin Laden Dead!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Osama Bin Laden Dead!

Post by Tunnelcat »

I was just watching the show 60 Minutes and at 7:47 PM West Coast time, CBS broke in with a special report. Bin Laden has been killed and we have his body! I can't find anything else on the net yet, so keep an eye out. Yeah!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead!

Post by Nightshade »

You can keep his body... :P

Seriously though- it feels a little better now that we got him, no matter who took credit for it. He's gone. The specter of 9/11's mastermind is gone.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

They got him in Pakistan and he was shot in the head. Good!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It won't bring anyone back or change what happened, but at least we managed to get the little fucker.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

He was in a Pakistani mansion- IN ISLAMABAD.

Right- like the ISI (former patron of the Taliban) had NO IDEA???

Pakistan was never this 'ally' of ours we were so buddybuddy with.

I wonder whose mansion that was he was hanging out in with his family and buddies?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

no body shown. not dead yet.

I recommend that we all take to the streets and start shouting Durka Durka and shooting off our AK47's in celebration if it's true
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

ThunderBunny wrote:You can keep his body... :P

Seriously though- it feels a little better now that we got him, no matter who took credit for it. He's gone. The specter of 9/11's mastermind is gone.
You mean they got him. There is no we. :wink:
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Here's a link to a story.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

ThunderBunny wrote:..

Pakistan was never this 'ally' of ours we were so buddybuddy with. ..
Pakistan was never any one thing to anyone. the former president, Musharraf, was kind of friendly to us and at the same time al queda/bin Ladden loyalists were a big part of his personal protection team! He had to walk a very fine line. I don't think you can think of middle eastern governments in the same way you see western democracies when it comes to what they stand for. They are just playing around with the format of a single governing body or unified voice... always just one assassination away from a total 180 degree change.

Too bad they shot bin Ladden. I always hoped he would rot in a federal prison in New York.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

allahu akbar.
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

so what did they do.. go to some mountain in pakistan and dig up his bones?
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

More operational details.

a) see the Google map link there,

b) I love one of the comments to the article
BarbarianAtTheGate wrote:Seal Team Six - when you care enough to send the very best....
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Bet51987 wrote:I would give his body to the New York police and firefighters. Maybe they can find a good place to hang him for display purposes.

Bee
I like this idea very much.

I've never been one to wish for the death of anyone, but in this case I'll gladly make an exception.

(Singing very loudly) "...Ding Dong - the witch is dead..." :P :mrgreen: HE'S GONE WHERE THE GOBLINS GO - BELOW! BELOW BELOW!! YO HO!!! :mrgreen:
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

dissent wrote:allahu akbar.
Well Said!!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So bin Laden was living in a mansion. Wonder what his cave dwelling followers think about that. As the saying goes, "You can run but you can't hide."
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wait....wut?:

"The U.S. official who disclosed the burial at sea said it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. "

Something smells "fishy". You mean the US is too chicken to have his corpse brought here? Or at the very least taken to Guantanamo?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

They should cremate the body, put it on display, and charge money to see it…then all the receipts should go to the 911 fund.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Woodchip wrote:Wait....wut?:

"The U.S. official who disclosed the burial at sea said it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. "
CUDA wrote:no body shown. not dead yet.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

So now we can all carry on with our lives just like we've been doing for the last 10 years? Security at airports will get lax again and we'll be happy? This means nothing to the war. Carry on.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:

Were you also skeptical about the execution of Saddam Hussein until the grainy cell phone footage appeared?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:

Were you also skeptical about the execution of Saddam Hussein until the grainy cell phone footage appeared?
I was sure of Saddam when I saw the vid of the Iraqi slitting his throat. Besides Saddam was in custody for a good long time
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Personally I would have been satisfied if they had cut off his head and hauled it to every country in the world that backs Terrorism and told them if they continued to do so that they would be in for the same fate. but that's just me :mrgreen:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I hope his 80 virgin demons in hell are treating him appropriately.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

I agree with Woodchip, We should have taken his remains, and buried them at Arlington, right outside the Visitors center and given him a functioning toilet as a head stone, But that's just me :mrgreen:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

tunnelcat wrote:They got him in Pakistan and he was shot in the head. Good!
How do you know that? If it was that stupid picture of someone that had taken a bullet just over the left eyebrow, it was doctored; a very blatant and poorly done "Shop-job".
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

New Penny :P ;)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Duper wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:They got him in Pakistan and he was shot in the head. Good!
How do you know that? If it was that stupid picture of someone that had taken a bullet just over the left eyebrow, it was doctored; a very blatant and poorly done "Shop-job".
Naw, I hadn't seen that picture. It was something initially reported last night during all the speculation going around on TV. Couldn't find anything on the web at first either, then it was bedtime.

But if I was that particular Navy Seal that just happened to have Bin Laden in my gun sights, I would have enjoyed getting off that little double tap to the head and then ask questions later. No sense in chancing this target might get away.

"Ding dong, the bastard's dead, the bastard's dead, the bastard's dead. Ding dong the evil bastard's DEAD!

Thank you Navy Seals. You rock!

I also don't believe that 'buried at sea' crap. You just know they're gonna keep his body somewhere for posterity. Why dispose of the greatest mass murderer of Americans in history? They just made up the burial line to keep the Muslim natives from getting restless.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

For once ( :P ) TC makes sense.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And on a positive note:

"DEARBORN, Mich. — Drivers honked their horns in celebration along the main avenue of Arab-American commerce in the heavily Middle Eastern suburb of Dearborn as news of Osama bin Laden’s death spread across the city. Yet more gathered outside City Hall, chanting “U.S.A.” and waving American flags.

“It’s a special day for us to show Americans we are celebrating, we are united,” said Ahmed Albedairy, 35, of Dearborn, who came to the U.S. from Iraq in 1996 and was one of about 20 people outside City Hall very early Monday. He said it was important to celebrate the “death of the evil Osama bin Laden” in “the center of Dearborn.”

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2011/0 ... Laden.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Ferno wrote:"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr
I agree. Not to sound like an ★■◆●, but I don't think we should celebrate death, ever. It's okay not to mourn death, but to celebrate it is sick.

That said, I'm glad that he has finally been brought to justice (as we couldn't have captured him), and that we didn't kill him by bombing, but by Special Forces.

Also, on a more humorous note: :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Ferno wrote:"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr
I think I prefer a quote by Mark Twain myself:

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Dakatsu wrote:Also, on a more humorous note: :P
straight from compton and still poppin caps in dem asses
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Stereotypical bordering on racist generalization there Fern?
dem asses
I also don't think democrats would appreciate your crude characterization of their mascot. ;)
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

More like straight outta Locash.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

ThunderBunny wrote:
Stereotypical bordering on racist generalization there Fern?
think whatever you want.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

For the sake of accuracy, that's not an MLK quote. It came from Twitter.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

And the quote I posted was apparently by Clarence Darrow, not Mark Twain. Thanks for the facts, social media!