Audio balancing for Media Center

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

captain_twinkie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Audio balancing for Media Center

Post by captain_twinkie »

So on my Media Center, I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, and having XBMC as my Media Center software to play my Movies, TV Shows, Music, and NES, SNES, N64 games. A problem I run into is a bunch of my Video's and TV shows were ripped at different Audio levels, so I could be watching a TV show, have my TV at 30 and its at a just fine listening level. And then I put on a different show and 30 is way to high so the sound blasts till I turn the volume down. Right now my audio is setup with the audio out on the sound card to the TV, I would use HDMI, but my video card is a NVIDIA 8400, which as last I knew to get audio out on it, I need a SPIDF cable to connect from my MOBO to my Video card? Or am I missing something.

So my main question is, I there any way to balance the sound on my video files, without needing to re-rip all the video files to the same audio level. Or would have audio going through HDMI fix this?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Audio balancing for Media Center

Post by flip »

You may can find a batch normalizer. It should still be fast if it's just adjusting audio.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Audio balancing for Media Center

Post by Foil »

Going through HDMI will leave you with the same issue.

Simplest approach: See if your TV has an "Audio Normalizer" setting (it's called "Audio A.I." on mine), and use it.