post random annoyances...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

post random annoyances...

Post by Krom »

Don't you wish when you pulled the frozen pizza out of the wrapping that "3 meat" meant "3 varieties of meat" instead of "3 pieces of meat".

Or "exciting new packaging, same great price" didn't mean you were getting 20% less of something for the same price.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: post random annoyances...

Post by Isaac »

today
I'm taking a test but five people finish at the same time, thinking it's ok to talk loudly.

Why are there buggers on the men's rest room wall? Why? There's freaking 6lbs worth of toilet paper next to you. It works on your butt or face; it can't tell the difference.

I speed up because i need to merge into a left turn lane. The guy I'm trying to pass must also speed up, because letting me in would make him 1 car length value later to work.

At the gym locker room. Some guy starts throwing up in the nearby toilets. This is a regular occurrence. People come to the gym and aren't man enough to work-out and not vomit, like a bunch of anorexic high school girls. Was jogging for five minutes really that stressful?

/today
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:Don't you wish when you pulled the frozen pizza out of the wrapping that "3 meat" meant "3 varieties of meat" instead of "3 pieces of meat".

Or "exciting new packaging, same great price" didn't mean you were getting 20% less of something for the same price.
How about when you unbox that lovely frozen pizza only to find that some store employee left it sitting out on the store floor a little too long when they were restocking the freezers, so it partially thawed and all the ingredients are sloughed down to one side, refrozen into a solid brick of cheese and meat goo. Mmmmmmm!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Watching anything on any movie download service like Netflix, Apple TV... Get to the part where the action/drama/suspense/generalplotlinethingy starts -- BUFFERING. Wait an hour for it to finish -- I just missed 20 minutes because the TV assumed I was still sitting there waiting for it, narcissistic !$#@!$#@#%^&%^*^&%^@#%&^%*$&#%^$#*&%&!#$!^%#$^ machine. Rewind, keep watching, I get to the climax -- ERROR DOWNLOADING VIDEO. YOU MUST START OVER FROM THE BEGINNING. If I had hands I'd be pulling my fur out. This is why I still buy DVDs, wierd stares or no. Or go to theaters.

But it's so convenient when my parents are paying for the subscription...
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Alter-Fox wrote:Netflix
???

we're still here in australia wondering "what is that?" hah.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Well you're better off buying DVDs anyway.
Heck, it only came to Canada last year. The US had it for years... technology-hog...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i thought canada has metered internet now. non-infinite internet. doesn't that ★■◆● up services like netflix?
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

Oh well how's this for an annoyance - I have a few things typed out here and then when I clicked submit, I was told to log in again, and then my post was gone.
We will not have signatures in the future.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

roid wrote:i thought canada has metered internet now. non-infinite internet. doesn't that **** up services like netflix?
It depends on the provider. And most of the providers might only be available in a certain province... here in Manitoba we're lucky. And if you're close enough to the US they also let you use their providers AFAIK.
But that's not really an annoyance...
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Why do hot dogs come in packs of 4 when hot dog buns come in packs of 8? WHY??? -.-
Isaac wrote:today
I'm taking a test but five people finish at the same time, thinking it's ok to talk loudly.

Why are there buggers on the men's rest room wall? Why? There's freaking 6lbs worth of toilet paper next to you. It works on your butt or face; it can't tell the difference.

I speed up because i need to merge into a left turn lane. The guy I'm trying to pass must also speed up, because letting me in would make him 1 car length value later to work.

At the gym locker room. Some guy starts throwing up in the nearby toilets. This is a regular occurrence. People come to the gym and aren't man enough to work-out and not vomit, like a bunch of anorexic high school girls. Was jogging for five minutes really that stressful?

/today
At least it's not like what happened in my school. Some idiot completely missed the bathroom.
How about when you unbox that lovely frozen pizza only to find that some store employee left it sitting out on the store floor a little too long when they were restocking the freezers, so it partially thawed and all the ingredients are sloughed down to one side, refrozen into a solid brick of cheese and meat goo. Mmmmmmm!
At least your pizza didn't get stolen like my coworker's pizza.
Oh well how's this for an annoyance - I have a few things typed out here and then when I clicked submit, I was told to log in again, and then my post was gone.
Yeah, that's why I started typing my posts in notepad before I send them to any server.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Enzo-03 wrote:Oh well how's this for an annoyance - I have a few things typed out here and then when I clicked submit, I was told to log in again, and then my post was gone.
www.getlazarus.com
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I got one. Say you're in a hurry at the store, have only one item and there is only a single line open with several people waiting behind a customer that's unloading an entire cart of food. Say you're that poor slob right behind the person unloading said full cart and there are 2 people standing behind you with more stuff than you. Say they decide to open another line and instead of grabbing you, being the person next in line, they grab the OTHER 2 blokes right behind YOU and serve them first, WITH A SMILE. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

But what if none of us said any of that? Would that still be annoying?
Do you think this post is a random annoyance?
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

I've actually only had the post thing happen twice before, those first two times were back in my dialup days. This one was on my uncle's computer, which has all sorts of problems.
We will not have signatures in the future.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

This happens daily for me. I work on the 5th floor. People get on the elevator on the ground floor and press 2. #$*&^#$_@#&*@($

Take the frigin stairs you 20 yr old lazy basterd. :D
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

It's not their distracting that bothers me. It's how stupid they are:

Studying in the library near the elevator. Other students walk over to it and press a button, quietly whispering among themselves. The second they step into the elevator their voices go from quite to loud. I listen to them continue to talk and laugh loudly until the doors close.

This happens again with another group. And another... and another...

They believe once you step into the elevator the sound is magically trapped inside.

Shouldn't the elevator automatically and secretly kill these idiots? Or at least irradiate them to keep them from procreating?

I don't study at the library any more unless I have a study room.
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

yeah this

http://t.co/DFj4T46d

im all for 2:36

People who mysteriously vanished, only to come back into view by continuously beating their drum in a vain attempt to look like the new savior. Watch them vanish again when the ruse is over!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.