DCS - World

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

DCS - World

Post by BUBBALOU »

http://www.dcs-world.com

[youtube]WBGLb98zkFQ[/youtube]

direct link:

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re: DCS - World

Post by AceCombat »

good program, i have A-10 and DCS-KA-50

BTW nice avatar :mrgreen:
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Yep it is a great program, and that is an altered version of my ugly mug!

I like the fact they include at least one aircraft for free (Su-25T) and also integrates the current and future DCS moduals

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Is it a full game? Or just a program?
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

It's both. DCS World lets you fly planes & missions for the planes if you have the module for them. It comes with the Su-25T module for free, which alone probably provides countless hours of fun. You can buy other modules, such as the A-10C. There's several modules by the DCS developers as well as third-party modules available, with varying degrees of simulation fidelity. Flaming Cliffs, previously a Lock-On: Modern Air Combat expansion, is now a DCS World module as of its third entry in the series, Flaming Cliffs 3 (2 and 1 are still LOMAC expansions).

I've been wanting to try this out but my computer probably couldn't run it, so I stick with Falcon, LOMAC, Jane's F-15, and Jane's F/A-18. I could probably try putting the installer (maybe the whole game if possible but not likely) on a flash drive and then try playing it at my uni campus's student technology center. You see, they have these huge gaming computers and...
We will not have signatures in the future.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

When I first downloaded DCS World, my fear was that I would have to uninstall the full version of each game before installing DCS World... Thankfully with a little search this was not the case

Downloaded

DCSW
DCSW A10c module
DCSW BS2 upgrade module ( there are two versions upgrade and full )

Installed all 3 downloads

Went to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php

logged in and unbound my serials without deactivating them

Launched DCSW fired up each add on module and my serials were updated by my username to the new multiplayer DCSW database which includes stand alone product use

Done

I really did not want to uninstall 15 gigs of stand alone product

The stand alone and DCSW modules for each aircraft series are bound to your machine code under the new database with a single login. Where previously people had registered each product with different logins that had no effect to multiplayer

So unlike other multiplayer games like EA/origin products you can unbind to a different user/email account and simplify the login process