Power Bill hike.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Power Bill hike.

Post by Duper »

For those of you in Oregon, have you noticed a huge jump in your power bill this month?

Mine nearly doubled for November and the cost what nowhere near what it was in September. I used roughly the same amount of power then ...actually more. Just trying to see if it's me or how fat this reaches. A couple of co-workers have experienced the same thing.

Thanks!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Power Bill hike.

Post by CUDA »

I'll need to check with my Finance Minister
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:I'll need to check with my Finance Minister
if it had gone up that much, you would have heard her blame you for something, if the situation is like at Chez Slick.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Duper, what are you paying this year verses last year per kilowatt? I'm still paying 8 cents a kilowatt and it's the same as last year. What company is yours, Portland General Electric? CPI is still doing us good up here in our big rural district.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Which Part TC?

I have 4 separate catagories:

Basic charge :$10.00
Energy Use Charge: $6.245 / KwH
Transmission Charge: $.283 / KwH
Distribution Charge: $3.794 / KwH

There is also an assortment of local taxes and credits that don't amount to much.. $3.00 total to payout.
Still trying to figure what's going on....

Looks like they may not have collected on a payment. gah.. digging.. I hate epay.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Let's see for my last bill which included part of November and most of December...

Basic service charge: $13.00
KWH Revenue: 693 kwh at $0.0810 per kwh which came to $56.13.
Corvallis City Utility Tax: 1.5% which was $1.04
Low income assistance: $0.05

So my total bill came to $70.22 for the billing period that included part of November and most of December. Since I use natural gas for heat and hot water, my electricity is used for lights, electronics, kitchen appliances, shop tools, furnace fan motors, dehumidifier in basement, and AC compressor in summer.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.