thank goodness I didn't say this.....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

thank goodness I didn't say this.....

Post by callmeslick »

because, if I'd compared ISIS to American Patriots, I'm thinking the conservatives here wouldn't find ME an attractive Presidential candidate:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... ar-AA8dMf7

Carson in 2016? Sure.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: thank goodness I didn't say this.....

Post by Spidey »

Pure propaganda, take a grain of truth and add a ton of lie.

He has a point. People willing to die for a cause should have some guidance on channeling that fervor into something good. (not saying that should happen until they stop the violence tho)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

umm, sure. I'm sure that explanation will work out just fine when the TV 30 second spots run for his opponents. That was my sole point. I've said before that old Ben isn't ready to run for anything, and this proves my point.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

if this article was written about a liberal, throw in appropriate "slick" argument here _______________
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

it isn't about the article, CUDA, it's about the statement, pure and simple, and how it relates to running for President. Were this, for instance, Hillary Clinton who equated the two, her campaign would be toast. Likewise for anyone else, liberal, conservative, libertarian, whatever. There are simply realities in American electoral politics that are in play here. Try to step away from the ideological blinders and ponder stuff realistically, CUDA.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:I've said before that old Ben isn't ready to run for anything, and this proves my point.
I understand your point. Carson doesn't have a staff of meticulous campaign crafters to shape his speeches and steer him in the right direction, which is too bad because he seems like a decent enough guy. With any luck this will get swept under the rug.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The keepers of the rug don't accept deliveries from conservatives
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

In politics, everything under the rug, or in the closet, is always scrutinized by all, because that's where the most interesting dirt hides. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that's my whole point. This single remark can, and will, doom his candidacy. If you all recall, that was my point about folks getting excited about Ben Carson. He's never run for any office, and thus is a true babe-in-the-woods regarding running a campaign. My gut is that he, as a professional, feels he doesn't need 'handlers' or other political pros. He will discover how wrong he is. Hell, you need pros helping you to run for local office, in some districts.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Slick, since you are big on context, especially when it involves democrats, I suggest you read the whole article:

"In a speech to the Republican National Committee's winter meeting outside San Diego, the former neurosurgeon and conservative favorite praised American patriots for their willingness to give their lives for their beliefs. Then he mentioned the Islamic State group."

"They got the wrong philosophy, but they're willing to die for what they believe, while we are busily giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness," he said as Republican officials from across the country interrupted him with applause. "We have to change that."

I suggest you stop using headlines to make your point.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I did, Woody, and I repeat this for the fourth time in the thread: Carsons OPPONENTS will use headlines to sink him. Get it, now?
George Orwell---"1984"