Beheadings

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Beheadings

Post by woodchip »

Out of curiosity I did a quick search on the immorality of killing prisoners by the Prophet Muhammad:

"Most contemporary Muslim scholars prohibit altogether the killing of prisoners and hold that this was the policy practiced by Prophet Muhammad.[40] The 20th-century Muslim scholar, Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi states that no prisoner should be "put to the sword" in accordance with a saying of Muhammad.[41]"

So are the people in the islamnoterrorist groups doing this actually guilty of blaspheming the Prophet?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Beheadings

Post by Krom »

The "islamnoterrorist" groups are the ones who define what is blaspheming and what isn't, and anyone who disagrees with them will also be beheaded.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

That would be funny if it weren't so damn...........true.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Out of curiosity I did a quick search on the immorality of killing prisoners by the Prophet Muhammad:

"Most contemporary Muslim scholars prohibit altogether the killing of prisoners and hold that this was the policy practiced by Prophet Muhammad.[40] The 20th-century Muslim scholar, Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi states that no prisoner should be "put to the sword" in accordance with a saying of Muhammad.[41]"

So are the people in the islamnoterrorist groups doing this actually guilty of blaspheming the Prophet?
the 5 or so Muslims I am still in regular contact with hold that to be so, and in rather strong terms.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Krom wrote:The "islamnoterrorist" groups are the ones who define what is blaspheming and what isn't, and anyone who disagrees with them will also be beheaded.
Listen, Krom, I have said a thousand times that evil begets evil. Firstly, it is inherently evil Americans, because they have the audacity to determine which countries or political leaders are a threat. You read the statement by press secretary of the White House in Washington. Each of their statement may be supplemented by the phrase "in the interests of the US". Second, if you stay for a while in a while Muslim families, you will know that decapitation is for them as naturally, as for Americans carve fish to fry. Almost every Muslim child is taught from childhood to cut the throat of the sheep, because without these skills, they will not be able to survive in the mountains and the desert.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:?.......

the 5 or so Muslims I am still in regular contact with hold that to be so, and in rather strong terms.
Wow! With so many holding such strong disagreement it is odd that so many radicals are still in places of power.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

sigma wrote:
Krom wrote:The "islamnoterrorist" groups are the ones who define what is blaspheming and what isn't, and anyone who disagrees with them will also be beheaded.
Listen, Krom, I have said a thousand times that evil begets evil. Firstly, it is inherently evil Americans, because they have the audacity to determine which countries or political leaders are a threat. You read the statement by press secretary of the White House in Washington. Each of their statement may be supplemented by the phrase "in the interests of the US". Second, if you stay for a while in a while Muslim families, you will know that decapitation is for them as naturally, as for Americans carve fish to fry. Almost every Muslim child is taught from childhood to cut the throat of the sheep, because without these skills, they will not be able to survive in the mountains and the desert.
STFU
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:?.......

Wow! With so many holding such strong disagreement it is odd that so many radicals are still in places of power.
maybe if we just "talked" to them, they might reconsider and change their evil ways
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

part of the issue, CUDA, is the very real human response of fear. It's easy for us, sitting here(including my American Muslim friends) to condemn such acts as blasphemy, but, as with so much else: violence incites silence. It's the reason why gang killings(from Prohibition era or today, or whenever) don't get too many witnesses stepping forward. Nobody wants to be the next one beheaded. Is that a good thing? No, of course, but self-preservation is a strong urge. I know, I know, the old adage about evil being done and good people sitting silent, but I'm real reluctant to put myself in a position to condemn others unless it is me standing there beside them.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

CUDA wrote:
sigma wrote:
STFU
CUDA, you no one said earlier that your political beliefs resemble drug addict with drug resistant immunity to any negative information about his potion? :lol: :wink:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma, do you plan on addressing the topic of the thread(which, congrats to the OP, was a different spin on the issue)? So far, just the usual stuff about the big, bad, USA and an ad hominem follow up.

Here's a word for the translator to work on: Lame.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

USA today are not white and fluffy bunnies. If you do not want to see criticism of the US from outside, I will not bother you. You can find in the US media what some nonsense about Russia and for a long time to discuss it :) :wink:
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:part of the issue, CUDA, is the very real human response of fear. It's easy for us, sitting here(including my American Muslim friends) to condemn such acts as blasphemy, but, as with so much else: violence incites silence. It's the reason why gang killings(from Prohibition era or today, or whenever) don't get too many witnesses stepping forward. Nobody wants to be the next one beheaded. Is that a good thing? No, of course, but self-preservation is a strong urge. I know, I know, the old adage about evil being done and good people sitting silent, but I'm real reluctant to put myself in a position to condemn others unless it is me standing there beside them.
Well the religion is named appropriately for your mindset: "Islam"=Submission
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

got a reference for that,um, 'definition', Will?
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:sigma, do you plan on addressing the topic of the thread(which, congrats to the OP, was a different spin on the issue)? So far, just the usual stuff about the big, bad, USA and an ad hominem follow up.

I just consider sigma alone the lines of the boy that cried wolf, he says the same thing over, and over, and over, and it's redundant in EVERY one of his posts, So no one really gives a ★■◆● what he says any more. Thats just uniformed sigma.
It seems like he doesnt have the capacity or the want to actually contribute to a discussion in any other way.
sad really. With Portland having one of the largest Russian and Romanian populations in the USA I get the opportunity to talk to them every day as I work with several. Interestingly enough, they seem to have a very different view of America then the person on this forum that has his access sensored by his government.
Go figure.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:got a reference for that,um, 'definition', Will?
Yea, some Muslims I know told me.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I think you guys come down a little hard on Sigma. The U.S. is involved in a lot of things overseas, so it's not like there isn't plenty of legitimate opportunity to tie these subjects in with a disagreement with how our country conducts itself. And of course we're going to side with our country, because it's ours and we've lived here all our lives and maybe we believe our own compunctions to be those of our country in matters of foreign affairs on some level (I'm talking about identifying with our country). Our country has propaganda too, remember, and it goes back a ways.

IMO it's not like there isn't room for calling the U.S. out on things it does at home and abroad, so when someone from another country has something negative to say I think we should be willing to let it be said. How about a little tolerance from the tolerant when it counts?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote:sigma, do you plan on addressing the topic of the thread(which, congrats to the OP, was a different spin on the issue)? So far, just the usual stuff about the big, bad, USA and an ad hominem follow up.

I just consider sigma alone the lines of the boy that cried wolf, he says the same thing over, and over, and over, and it's redundant in EVERY one of his posts, So no one really gives a **** what he says any more. Thats just uniformed sigma.
It seems like he doesnt have the capacity or the want to actually contribute to a discussion in any other way.
sad really. With Portland having one of the largest Russian and Romanian populations in the USA I get the opportunity to talk to them every day as I work with several. Interestingly enough, they seem to have a very different view of America then the person on this forum that has his access sensored by his government.
Go figure.
CUDA, perhaps you are not to blame for the stereotype of your thinking, which can be expressed in the English proverb: "We only know what we are prepared to know" :roll:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I think you guys come down a little hard on Sigma. The U.S. is involved in a lot of things overseas, so it's not like there isn't plenty of legitimate opportunity to tie these subjects in with a disagreement with how our country conducts itself. And of course we're going to side with our country, because it's ours and we've lived here all our lives and maybe we believe our own compunctions to be those of our country in matters of foreign affairs on some level (I'm talking about identifying with our country). Our country has propaganda too, remember, and it goes back a ways.

IMO it's not like there isn't room for calling the U.S. out on things it does at home and abroad, so when someone from another country has something negative to say I think we should be willing to let it be said. How about a little tolerance from the tolerant when it counts?
I tried to find and get to know what is good for the entire world has made America. Undoubtedly, this is the Internet and freedom of expression. But perhaps the main positive the benefits of the US to the world well expresses in the poem by Emma Lazarus:

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I think you guys come down a little hard on Sigma. The U.S. is involved in a lot of things overseas, so it's not like there isn't plenty of legitimate opportunity to tie these subjects in with a disagreement with how our country conducts itself. And of course we're going to side with our country, because it's ours and we've lived here all our lives and maybe we believe our own compunctions to be those of our country in matters of foreign affairs on some level (I'm talking about identifying with our country). Our country has propaganda too, remember, and it goes back a ways.

You know, 1 or 2 posts is fine. When it get to be every topic, no matter the subject matter, where he denounces America it becomes boring. Tolerance was used up 40 topics ago. Sigma is so intellectually destitute he can't add one thing to this topic and so continues on about America as that is all his handlers seem to allow him. Real close to putting him on ignore.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:

so you made up something and thought we all were stupid enough to buy it, again? Nice. :roll:
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:

so you made up something and thought we all were stupid enough to buy it, again? Nice. :roll:
And you stating how your rich friends told you something is any different?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

repeating opinions and stating them as opinions is a WEE bit different than making up a 'definition' of a word's meaning, and foisting it on others.
Can't you see the difference, or is your brain too shrunken to grasp it?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Perhaps slick, you should stop taking what Will says literally... or you could take a peek around the net:

"Islam is derived from the Arabic root "Salema": peace, purity, submission and obedience. In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law."
http://www.barghouti.com/islam/meaning.html

"In Arabic, the word “Islam” means submission or surrender "
http://muslimvoices.org/word-islam-meaning/

Tell me slick, don't you ever get embarrassed when people point out how ignorant you are?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

submission to the will of God, in no way, conflates with subjegation of others. Try learning English reading for comprehension, and things will go a bit more smoothly in exchanges with me.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:submission to the will of God, in no way, conflates with subjegation of others. Try learning English reading for comprehension, and things will go a bit more smoothly in exchanges with me.
Once again you purposely fail to grasp the obvious truth.

"Submission." = Islam in the context of your comments as well as the literal translation.

In reference to your suggesting you relate to the need to capitulate under the threat of retaliation for blasphemy of the prophet of Islam. Submission.

What authority poses that threat? Muhamed? No, he's long dead...Allah himself? No, he's not there either. So who?
The Imams, Clerics and thug leaders of radical Islamic groups are the threat.
**They** declare Allah wants a cartoonist dead along with all his coworkers. Allah doesn't say squat....

No one kneels at Allah's feet and submits to that threat you were talking about. He didn't teach that.

Those who submit do so to the threat wielded by mere men who claim for themselves to deliver the will of Allah. Muhamed, the original thug. Followed by other mere men who are just as evil.

And Submission is the translation if you want to distill it down to one word...to a single salient concept it is submission. The culture that perpetuates and empowers the radicals is the culture of submission. There is plenty of subjugation and terror delivered or enabled within the duty of those that submit.

And my Muslim friends are just as anecdotally superior as yours are...no matter how you try to prop up a distinction between them...
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

wow, you can't even read the English translation, posted above by Woody(and thanks, Woody) and grasp the meaning of the words. Can't really debate with someone in your predicament.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:wow, you can't even read the English translation, posted above by Woody(and thanks, Woody) and grasp the meaning of the words. Can't really debate with someone in your predicament.
I knew the translation well before Woody posted it and you are dancing around the meaning of my words even after I spelled it out for you.
My 'predicament' is I am dealing with a dishonest and shameless person in you.
That and I wonder if you truly think you are fooling anyone with your tactics.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:submission to the will of God, in no way, conflates with subjegation of others. Try learning English reading for comprehension, and things will go a bit more smoothly in exchanges with me.
Help Me out here. I pointed out Wills definition as being accurate and you try to muddy up the waters with comparisons. CYA?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

let's get the facts straight, Woody. You cited some definitons, NONE of which supported Will's use of the word submission. Proof of what, again?
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:let's get the facts straight, Woody. You cited some definitons, NONE of which supported Will's use of the word submission. ... .
Really? None of the definitions of Islam cited the word "Submission" in the definition supports my assertion that the religion is named with a word that means submission?!?

Maybe you just don't know what it means to "get the facts straight". You certainly do get yourself all twisted up trying to get them wrong on a regular basis! Getting things straight is a veritable jihad for you, the troubled mujahid, it seems.

PS: Jihad=Struggle
and Mujahid doesn't mean pompous asshat...but I understand how one might make that mistake.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

but, submission to God's will is what Christians strive for, too. It isn't a bad thing, as you attempted to paint it, now is it?
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Slick, I know what I wrote about submission and the difference between any supreme being and who is benefitting from submission to their will, not a gods will.

Everyone who read this thread saw those words too.
And they have seen the definition of the name Islam and how it definitely is rooted to the word submission both figuratively as well as literally in any objective examination of Arabic linguistics etc. etc.

So who reading this do you think is such a blithering idiot that your lame dodge has them thinking you just made any sense?

Are you really just posting to show to some group of morons you have paid to hang out in your basement? Forming the slick-is-God-of-the-internets club maybe?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

:roll:

mad debating skillz.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote::roll:

mad debating skillz.
Do you really think what you have done in this thread was debating and/or skillful?

That's really the only thing that is unclear at this point.
What you have done is quite transparent and pedestrian but whether or not you actually believe your own puffed up bullcrap....that is still a mystery to me.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I think slick is trying to convince us the sky really is pink. Must be getting prepared to work on Hillarie's campaign.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

you know, Woody, it's sort of a darn shame you chose to follow Will down the path of shallow idiocy, when you actually started a thought
provoking topic when you started the thread. Your choice, I suppose, but still sort of sad.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:you know, Woody, it's sort of a darn shame you chose to follow Will down the path of shallow idiocy, when you actually started a thought
provoking topic when you started the thread. Your choice, I suppose, but still sort of sad.
All he did was look up the word Islam and discover its meaning is, in fact, rooted in the word Submission as I alluded to in my comment. Since you knee-jerked off the accusation that I was just making it up you now find yourself in that territory so familiar to you, that of having to shamelessly cling to a piss poor conclusion you jumped at.

I'm pretty sure people who read this thread realize you are the one who's bizarre "debate" attempt requires idiocy to accept. Why you are so compelled to declare something untrue when you have no clue as to the truth is interesting. You hear the bell and you respond on cue instinctively...

I find it amusing that you bemoan the topic is being derailed since my comment was right on point but you decided to take it off course. I referenced the definition of Islam in a challenge to your assertion that you empathize with the fear and wont seek to call out those who stand silently by while these radical Islamist goons corrupt the religion, thus the submission reference. It was just a tangential reference in support of a point. The point I raised is on topic.

Your silly defensive over reaction to some colorful commentary and your overbearing tactics you call 'debate' are quite ironic actually, considering the topic. You have gone off on a jihad to try and make my reference an attack on Islam...in reality I have offended your 'religion'...the PC liberal dogma is in danger from the infidel conservative type....slick must attack! Lol.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Is·lam
the Muslim world.
"the most enormous complex of fortifications in all Islam"
Origin

from Arabic 'islām ‘submission,’ from 'aslama ‘submit (to God).’

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

and how does any of this nonsense, with Christians seeking simplistic definitions of a single word(which contains nothing in the least threatening) have to do with Woody's initial thrust, which as I read it, was: Shouldn't Muslim scholars and thus the larger fold within the religion find beheadings and similar,in the name of Islam, blasphemous? Also, one can infer, as I do, that this leads to the further question of WHY isn't there more strong condemnation within the Muslim world. I put in my two cents on both of those questions, but would like to hear other theories or practical realities. Like I said, Woody should be congratulated for posing a thought provoking question. I was always led to believe that this crowd could handle such with a bit of grey matter. Thus far? Meh.
George Orwell---"1984"