If You Are White

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

If You Are White

Post by woodchip »

Just kill yourself:

During an exchange with their opponents, Feliciano suggested that white people should kill themselves because of their “white privilege.”

http://eagnews.org/video-harvard-studen ... privilege/

And this boys and girls is why we need trump in office so we can stop the racist pc crap from fermenting more than what Obama has started.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: If You Are White

Post by vision »

Context missing. Move along. Nothing to see.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I hear earthquakes are Obama's fault too! And mosquitoes! And telemarketers! And stepping on Lego bricks in bare feet! And Necco wafers!
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Thanks Obama!
si vis pacem, para bellum
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that explains why I've been stepping on those LEGO blocks! :lol:

great logic, though, Woody: To overcome the odd outlier with odd ideas, we should put a violent, nacissistic bigot in the White House. Clever plan. :roll:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I do have to admire how people use a personal opinion by the OP to avoid the actual subject.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what is the 'original subject' past some goofy outlier, presented with ZERO context?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I admit there is a lack of context, and context is important, but that being said, I believe this kind of thinking is a result of all of the BS we hear during the so called race debates we have in this country where we have one victim group and one perp. group, instead of dealing with the issue in an honest way.

See it’s not hard to make an honest comment without context, but yes, it is probably much harder to address the actual comments in the video.

I think we all could use a lesson on properly posting debate starters, and I include myself in that comment, seeing how nobody seems to want to answer my questions presented in my posts.

But I can’t place all of the blame on the thread starter.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So the only person who has any intellectual ability that replied in this thread is Spidey. To often we see knee jerk replies (yes I am guilty also) that lose sight of the content and rather just try and score points against the poster.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:I admit there is a lack of context, and context is important, but that being said, I believe this kind of thinking is a result of all of the BS we hear during the so called race debates we have in this country where we have one victim group and one perp. group, instead of dealing with the issue in an honest way.

See it’s not hard to make an honest comment without context, but yes, it is probably much harder to address the actual comments in the video.
agreed all around, and my point is that no matter the context, this guy is a pure extremist, and the counter to that isn't counter-extremism, to my mind.
I think we all could use a lesson on properly posting debate starters, and I include myself in that comment, seeing how nobody seems to want to answer my questions presented in my posts.
hey, I try. :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote:...it is probably much harder to address the actual comments in the video.
I'm glad to address the speaker's comments. Can you find an unedited copy of the video? Because that's the context I'm talking about. If someone makes a statement, you need to know the context. So far we don't have that, we have a repost of something from infowars. It's click-bait. You want to debate click-bait?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ah yes, the infamous "unedited copy" meme.

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

vision wrote:If someone makes a statement, you need to know the context
As a general principle, I agree. But at the same time, I don't see any reasonable circumstance in which the fuller context would significantly change the meaning of the statements made in the shorter video. So I will make a provisional judgment that these guys actually mean what it sounds like they mean, until such time as a longer video is released that shows a drastically different meaning. (There are indications that the longer video was posted and removed; it seems to me that either Harvard or U. of West Georgia could clear it up by posting the unedited video.)
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I see nothing in that video other than self-appointed moral superiority. One cannot win when they view others as having less value.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The self-depopulation of whites is already going on in the U.S. They don't need to kill themselves. They're disappearing on their own accord. And they have the nerve to get pissed off.....

https://www.rt.com/usa/us-white-births-census-613/

On top of that, birth rates for whites are now far lower than the rates for other races and minorities, which means that most whites are older and most young people are minorities. You're losing white boys and girls and that's why Trump will ultimately never get elected. The numbers are against him. You're going to get Hillary woody, because Trump has only made friends with the old white guys, and there's not enough of them. :wink:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/america-ra ... d=13934948
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Except those young minorities are too self absorbed to bother to vote.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Except those young minorities are too self absorbed to bother to vote.
hmmmm, time will tell, won't it?
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Except those young minorities are too self absorbed to bother to vote.
Well, if the number and passion of those counter protesters are any indication at those Trump rallies, I'm betting you're wrong. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:
Well, if the number and passion of those counter protesters are any indication at those Trump rallies, I'm betting you're wrong. :wink:
And I'm betting they're George Soros paid operatives who will probably sit at home come election day blowing weed and drinking cheap wine. :wink:

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Nah, paid operatives always vote…more than once if necessary. :lol: :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Or they'll find some corpse to drag from poll to poll.... :D

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:And I'm betting they're George Soros paid operatives who will probably sit at home come election day blowing weed and drinking cheap wine. :wink:
odd alternate reality you live in.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:...blowing weed and drinking cheap wine. :wink:
You know what's weird about the weed and cheap wine statement? It describes my conservative friends more than my liberal ones. Strangely, of the people I know who still smoke weed most of them are conservative (and fairly anti-government). Of the liberals I know, most either stopped smoking weed or never did and prefer craft beer over wine. (I don't particularly like alcohol and I stopped smoking weed about the time Descent came out.) Also, my liberal friends are more likely to be involved in politics whereas my conservative friends are rather apathetic toward things like voting (except for one who is so active he makes up for the rest, heh).
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I have a far different experience, here in the East, vision.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:I have a far different experience, here in the East, vision.
I'm certain of it! In fact, at different times of my life my experience with liberal/conservative preference for weed and cheap wine has changed!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, vision, at age 60, my perspective is this: weed use in my age group is still pretty common, and cuts across any ideology that I can figure. Wine is definitely more of an elitist beverage, and not real trendy, so tends to be consumed by dedicated afficionados, possibly a bit conservative leaning, but no real ideological limitations. If one wished to stereotype the left-leaners in my circle of travel, you could go by diet. The vegans tend to be very liberal.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Pffft, most of the “liberals” around here drink cheap wine as their main method of getting a buzz on...followed by weed, and in most cases...a mixture of both. :wink: