Ignorant Canadian

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Ignorant Canadian

Post by woodchip »

So some bleeding heart canuck thought a bison calf was cold and needed rescue, so he picked it up, loaded it into his suv and took it to a ranger station. Only problem was he got human scent on it and when the rangers tried to return the calf to the herd, the calf was rejected. Rangers then had to euthanize the calf. So way to go Mr Canadian. Hope you think before you do another good deed.

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2016/05/17/fe ... ison-calf/

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/c ... /84448744/
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Ignorant Canadian

Post by callmeslick »

seems to be a rash of stupid loose in Yellowstone.......now they have some group that went traipsing through a hot spring in the geyser basin. Really fragile life forms line the sides of those where they were walking........yeesh.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Slick, you and I are in alignment as to how to treat mother nature. I'm just appalled at how some people do things even tho there are signs saying not to. I'm just surprise that the bison mother didn't do something to the numbnuts when they grabbed her calf.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

good on you, Woody, and yes, we can have complete agreement on this matter at least. Side story: I just took grandson(6yo) on his first stream fishing outing, when they had a day off from school earlier in the month(primary day, actually). Part of the trip consisted of us picking up litter that morons tossed into a little spring creek running to the Brandywine Creek. I am trying to pass the consciousness on, as best as I can.

I thought the same thing about the mother bison, but wonder if they've been bred into docility,as has happened with black bears(you shoot the aggressive ones for enough generations, you get serious genetic selection for docility).
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The numbnuts all up and down the West Coast do the same stupid thing with baby seals during birthing season. They'll pick up one laying around on the beach who's mother is out hunting, thinking that the mother has abandoned it. Now we've got a baby seal who either has to be cared for for by humans, or euthanized.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

where are the orcas when you need them?
George Orwell---"1984"
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

*Sergeant Thorne rides his pet bison into the topic and then back out*
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

as I said, where are the orcas when you need them? :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

well, if he's going to make canada look bad, he can stay there.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Interesting but I came across a fawn that is hunkered done just 3 feet of the side of the dirt road that I take my daily walk. Saw him late yesterday afternoon, talked to him a bit before he ran off further into the low area. This morning I saw him again, same exact spot laying down. I was getting a bit concerned and called my neighbor across the road and we both came to the consensus that it would be best to scare the fawn so it would go further off the road. We both thought it best to let nature take it's course. Not sure why the mother would leave the fawn so close to the road. Been walking the road for 36 years and never saw this before. The fawn was small enough I could of picked it up in one hand but looked healthy. Cute thing but the last thing I need is to take care of another animal. Got a pick of it on may cell phone but don't know how I could link it.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Fawn was gone this afternoon and hopefully he is back with mother.