She started it

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

She started it

Post by Tunnelcat »

Trump can't resist blaming Hillary for everything. This time it's the origin of the Birther Movement. It's also not Hillary's creation, even though Trump come out today to suddenly claim he's now dropping his assertion that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. Yet he still couldn't resist saying that it was all Hillary's fault because she started it. Afraid not Don of Orange. :wink:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... act-check/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: She started it

Post by woodchip »

I suggest you look back at the 2008 campaign before you put you foot in your mouth.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Sid Blumenthal.

Also:
Penn Strategy Memo, March 19, 2007: More than anything else, this memo captures the full essence of Mark Penn's campaign strategy--its brilliance and its breathtaking attacks. Penn identified with impressive specificity the very coalition of women and blue-collar workers that Clinton ended up winning a year later. But he also called Obama "unelectable except perhaps against Attila the Hun," and wrote, "I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values." Penn proposed targeting Obama's "lack of American roots."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... 008/37952/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Heh.

I had a feeling someone would start up the birther thread again, but it didn't come from who I thought -- and so, earlier in the day, I hit up politifact and read it. The same link TC posted.

Although, seeing woody's and TB's heads explode was expected.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:Although, seeing woody's and TB's heads explode was expected..
...so the fact that the Clinton camp brought up the issue in the first place is ignored when inconvenient.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:I suggest you look back at the 2008 campaign before you put you foot in your mouth.
You're missing my point. The Birther Movement did NOT start with Hillary Clinton herself. It WAS started by a bunch of renegade Clinton supporters who called called themselves the PUMA's, aka, Party Unity My Ass, who were ticked off that Clinton didn't win the nomination. There is NO evidence that Clinton knew what they were doing. Politifact, the Daily Beast and the book "Wingnut" all came to that conclusion. THAT is the Trump lie, that it started with Clinton.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... thers.html

Now you can chortle that the movement was started by a bunch of hard core Clinton supporter lefties, but there's no evidence Clinton herself knew about it. So the dirty fact is, Trump, a Republican, was the idiot who ran with it and used it ad nausem in his campaign speeches back in 2008. Same with the tea party. What's funny about all this is that they all got suckered by a bunch of pissed off lefties. And Trump in all his genius, kept running with it despite the how ridiculous and unthruthful the whole conspiracy was, even after Obama produced his birth certificate. Which tells me that Trump hasn't the smarts to know fact from fantasy before he opens his pie hole in public.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:
Ferno wrote:Although, seeing woody's and TB's heads explode was expected..
...so the fact that the Clinton camp brought up the issue in the first place is ignored when inconvenient.
Sure wasn't ignored here. And welcome to politics 101.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

One thing that I've noticed is that Trump's non-apology flippant statement that blames Hillary seems to have really pissed off a LOT of Blacks. They're taking Trump's whole Birther BS flippancy as a degrading insult against Obama and all African Americans. Hmmm. One more reason for Blacks to get out and vote for Hillary even if only it's a spite vote. :wink:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... g_day.html

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=757&sid=4150328 ... about-face

Hillary did NOT start the Birther Movement either. IT'S A FACT. Trump is a blowhard who can't get his facts straight.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum ... ouncement/
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

For phucks sake, wake up people, stop talking about who's fart was stinkier and talk about frigging issues. You're all a joke. How dare you profess to be the bastions of democracy, yet carry on in this childish, amateur manner. Do you realise how the rest of the world is looking at you now? Do you care?

I scour the media, looking for policies, plans or any kind of indication of how the next leader of the free world will act when there the next crisis comes along. And also, because i care, of how the next president will solve problems within their home nation. And all i see is bickering about personal ★■◆● that happened years before, on both sides, aren't you sick of it? You....and this is a generalization....and it's a generalization that's true are being led by the nose by the media, on both sides. Reality TV guys.....suckers!

I love you guys, the US is my most cherished place to visit. Still, you are sheep.

edit...sorry about the english.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Flabby Chick wrote:For phucks sake, wake up people, stop talking about who's fart was stinkier and talk about frigging issues. You're all a joke. How dare you profess to be the bastions of democracy, yet carry on in this childish, amateur manner. Do you realise how the rest of the world is looking at you now? Do you care?

I scour the media, looking for policies, plans or any kind of indication of how the next leader of the free world will act when there the next crisis comes along. And also, because i care, of how the next president will solve problems within their home nation. And all i see is bickering about personal ★■◆● that happened years before, on both sides, aren't you sick of it? You....and this is a generalization....and it's a generalization that's true are being led by the nose by the media, on both sides. Reality TV guys.....suckers!

I love you guys, the US is my most cherished place to visit. Still, you are sheep.

edit...sorry about the english.
I agree this election looks like a neon circus to any foreigner that's bothering to watch what's going on. Flabby, what would you do in our shoes? We have a choice between a polarizing, arrogant, self-centered untrustworthy insider and an egomaniac bloviator with delusions of Godhood who acts like a schoolyard bully towards anyone who disagrees with him. Neither choice is palatable to most of the people in this country with half a brain, especially the younger generation, and all the rest are a bunch of sheep who will follow either of these idiots without questioning their decision. The third party choices don't really count because they don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Flabby Chick wrote:Do you realise how the rest of the world is looking at you now? Do you care?
I care, but we don't really have a choice in the matter. The citizenry has never chosen the president, so the election is just entertainment for me. Our president is chosen by powerful corporate interests and it has been that way since the founding of the country hundreds of years ago. The only place citizens have any democratic power is in small local elections, which is why I stress to everyone that these are the places to be involved. I actually couldn't give two shits who the president is because they are all basically the same. Our economic interests at home and abroad are too entrenched for any administration to make a meaningful change. This is, sadly, the reality of our world.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I don't know about hundreds of years ago, Vision, but I'm pretty sure it happened at about the same time as the Whigs were dissolved, turned into the republican party and business interests started backing them.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I suggest you look back at the 2008 campaign before you put you foot in your mouth.
I was in the middle of that campaign and the charge is pure fiction. IE-another day, another lie from the Orange One.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"