To the democrats that want to disarm us...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

To the democrats that want to disarm us...

Post by Nightshade »

This could be your home:

The three thugs were armed and ready to kill as seen clearly in the video...luckily, the lady that was woken up at 3:44am had enough wits about her to grab her gun and fend them off.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: To the democrats that want to disarm us...

Post by callmeslick »

who is disarming you, again? Don't you ever tire of that lame boogeyman?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'd have to say I wouldn't have minded that lady next to me when I was in the Marines. She charged their position, firing the whole time. Amazingly brave. As to slicks comments...Hillary wants to take away your guns.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

WTF! They just wanted her TV!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I'd have to say I wouldn't have minded that lady next to me when I was in the Marines. She charged their position, firing the whole time. Amazingly brave. As to slicks comments...Hillary wants to take away your guns.
prove the latter comment or be presumed a liar like usual.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/ ... rship.html
Although Clinton did not specify which opinion she disagreed with, she said, "the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment, and I am going to make that case every chance I get
Speaking at a rally in Washington state on Saturday, Donald Trump announced: “Hillary Clinton wants to abolish the Second Amendment.” He was correct: she does, unequivocally and by her own admission.
http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/09/tru ... your-guns/
Last fall, Clinton declared that “the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment,” an obvious reference to D.C. v. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to own firearms.
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -amendment
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ideological bs, with zero to actually back up acquisition of so much as one weapon from any citizen without proveable mental health or violence issues.
Same old Obama Taking Our Guns ruse, with Obama replaced by Clinton. Someday, you saps will realize you've been played. I note recent figures stating that 3% of all gun owners own nearly 50% of all guns in the US. I think you'll run afoul of the 60% who own NO guns well before you will from Clinton, whose entire resume indicates that she won't commit to a legislative position until there is a substantial majority behind it. That was the lesson she learned in 1993, and she hasn't veered since. For good and bad(see Iraq vote)
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Soooo which candidate wants to take people's guns away? Or is it only okay if you're taking guns from black people?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote: whose entire resume indicates that she won't commit to a legislative position until there is a substantial majority behind it. That was the lesson she learned in 1993, and she hasn't veered since. For good and bad(see Iraq vote)
So in other words she won't ever get anything done and demonstrate zero leadership capabilities.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:Soooo which candidate wants to take people's guns away? Or is it only okay if you're taking guns from black people?
Dems were always good at keeping firearms out of black hands.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote: whose entire resume indicates that she won't commit to a legislative position until there is a substantial majority behind it. That was the lesson she learned in 1993, and she hasn't veered since. For good and bad(see Iraq vote)
So in other words she won't ever get anything done and demonstrate zero leadership capabilities.
no, in other words, she operates as an elected official in a representative republic is supposed to conduct herself. Leadership isn't talking loudly, or rudely. Leadership is not about empty promises(the Wall, plus about 150 others). Leadership isn't about, "I'm the only one.....". In other words, you haven't the first clue about leadership in the real sense.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

once again, Woody thinks the rest of us are so stupid as to not realize that the Democrats of 1960 lost a few folks to the modern GOP(and picked up more than a few appalled Republicans in the bargain).
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:once again, Woody thinks the rest of us are so stupid as to not realize that the Democrats of 1960 lost a few folks to the modern GOP(and picked up more than a few appalled Republicans in the bargain).
Ah, that tired old saw. Yeah were good now because a few Southern Dems became Rep.

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I was expecting a topic like this when I saw the video last night.

As shown, the gun did not prevent the crime from happening, but rather they ended it.

Even the report says they were there to take cash. But it seems some people here think cash == life.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:Even the report says they were there to take cash. But it seems some people here think cash == life.
I don't give a f*** if they were in there for twinkies... You break into my home in an invasion, you die.

Aside from all of that, you could see the thugs all had guns drawn and ready to kill someone. Do you actually think they cared if they shot a child or a little old lady to death for a couple of bucks and an X-box?

Didn't think so.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I've had guns drawn on me. I'm still here.

Twinkies, cash, televisions... all these things can be replaced. Do you think their lives are worth less than replaceable objects?

Yes they are scum, no one's arguing that. They deserve to pay for their crimes when they are caught. But do you think you can live with the fact that you just shot and killed another person?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

How the hell does anyone know "what they were there for" or what they would have done to get what they wanted.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:How the hell does anyone know "what they were there for" or what they would have done to get what they wanted.
when the police interrogate them.

Oh and... when they say stuff like 'give us your ★■◆●ing television/money/drugs/silverware'
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

Spidey wrote:WTF! They just wanted her TV!
:lol:

I have to say, I don't own a gun, but if someone broke into my place with the intent of stealing, say, my computer, I have several knives they can have instead. :wink:
To him, boredom was a greater evil than hunger or sexual frustration, for boredom signaled the waste of a mind.
~ Anthony Piers, Ghost
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

MD-1118 wrote:
Spidey wrote:WTF! They just wanted her TV!

I have to say, I don't own a gun, but if someone broke into my place with the intent of stealing, say, my computer, I have several knives they can have instead. :wink:
"homeowner turns home invader into a kebab, story at 11"

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Ferno obviously doesn’t remember the rash of senseless killings some years ago, where people were getting shot after giving up their possessions.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:Ferno obviously doesn't remember the rash of senseless killings some years ago, where people were getting shot after giving up their possessions.

I do. but that does not negate the fact most home invaders bugger off after getting your possessions.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Most home burglars don’t carry guns either.

That is called armed robbery, a much more serious crime than simple burglary.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Your point?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

If you take up arms to rob people…be prepared for what might come.

If you just want to steal cash, don’t take a gun, and enter the property when empty.

The point is…I don’t have any sympathy for armed robbers, yea…that's what the point is.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Here's a better video:

All three suspects were armed, she immediately has a gun pointed at her (possibly even being shot at, hard to see.) Very high risk situation. As soon she fires her first round they all run -- my favorite part is at second 18, the guy runs through the window in the living room.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Good for her. I'd have done the same thing in a heartbeat. The bastards were armed. But it does makes you wonder where all those stray bullets went that she fired out the door at the one fleeing burglar? I'd also like to know what brand of security system she has? Those are pretty good videos. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.