So...what happened to Russia-gate?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

So...what happened to Russia-gate?

Post by Nightshade »

It sorta kinda disappeared...hmm.
So here we have it at last, the final truth of Russia-gate: yes, there was indeed foreign collusion in the 2016 election, but it came from the opposite direction than the media are telling us. We weren’t attacked by Russia: a few thousand dollars in Facebook ads that nobody saw did not put Trump in the White House. Our democratic process was undermined, not by the supposedly omnipotent Vladimir Putin but by the intelligence agencies of some of our more beloved “allies.” We were attacked by a tag -team, both foreign and domestic, intent on ousting a democratically-elected President by any means necessary.

Here is the final irrefutable argument against America as the “world leader,” designated champion of the “liberal international order” – we become, as Garrett noted, a prisoner of history. Indeed, we are no longer entitled to write our own history, but must endure the lobbying and aggressive interventions of our ungrateful and spiteful “allies,” whose welfare states could not exist without generous US “defense” subsidies.

When those subsidies, subventions, and special privileges are threatened, as they are by the nationalist cheapskate Trump, who would gladly demolish the whole decrepit, dated, and dangerous cold war architecture with a wave of his hand. A US President who puts America first? They can’t allow it.

And that’s really the essence of the fight, the issue that will determine the woof and warp of American politics in the new millennium. The global Establishment has risen up against the People. There’s no telling what the outcome will be, but one thing I know for sure: I know what side I’m on. Do you?
https://original.antiwar.com/justin/201 ... ssia-gate/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: So...what happened to Russia-gate?

Post by Top Gun »

This is pants-on-head dumb even by your exceedingly low standards.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

(closes eyes) So...what happened to my computer screen? It sorta kinda disappeared...hmm.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

The investigation is nowhere near complete. Just because Kavanaugh and the other half dozen circuises rolled into town for the past two weeks doesn't mean its dusappeared.

hey my mortgage bill hasn't appeared in the last two weeks, guess it's disappeared...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, it's still going on. In fact, the Trump campaign's Rick Gates was apparently seeking information from an Israeli intelligence firm on how to manipulate social media and create fake online identities, all in the effort to help Trump win both the primary and the election. They wanted, in essence, to create their own version of the Steel Dossier against Hillary. The Trump campaign was constantly creeping over the line between legal and illegal campaign practices. :wink:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/us/p ... trump.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

The Special Council speaks through indictments and court filings, and we're in the "dark period" before an election where public action (Comey 2016) is minimized. So pretty much anything you'll see for the next month will be investigative journalism rather than Mueller collecting witches.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Here's some interesting reading. It seems a Trump Organization server was getting a suspicious amount of DNS lookups from a pair of Russian Alfa Bank servers back before the election. This story has largely been ignored since it came to light back in October of 2016, but it's back in the spotlight again after computer experts did some more sleuthing.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018 ... p-campaign
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

The sad part about all of this is that the Mueller investigation probably doesn't even matter. Mueller will tell whomever what we already know, Democrats will stupidly try to appeal to Republican integrity for accountability, and then be shocked SHOCKED! to find they don't have any.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

We need a blue wave next month in the House. The Senate too as long as I'm shooting the moon. The rally cry will be: "IMPEACH. IMPEACH, IMPEACH!." :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Try not to think of a blue wave as being a chance to actually accomplish anything, all that can change is the majority will be in a position to tell Trump and his kin to "★■◆● off we aren't doing that" and stop or slow some of the erosion instead of it just automatically passing through like it does now.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

One can only hope. In the meantime, I'd pay to watch these 2 duke it out. :lol:

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/41 ... h-trump-jr
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Prepare for disappointment:

Mueller report PSA: Prepare for disappointment

And be forewarned that the special counsel’s findings may never be made public.
President Donald Trump's critics have spent the past 17 months anticipating what some expect will be among the most thrilling events of their lives: special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report on Russian 2016 election interference.

They may be in for a disappointment.

That’s the word POLITICO got from defense lawyers working on the Russia probe and more than 15 former government officials with investigation experience spanning Watergate to the 2016 election case. The public, they say, shouldn’t expect a comprehensive and presidency-wrecking account of Kremlin meddling and alleged obstruction of justice by Trump — not to mention an explanation of the myriad subplots that have bedeviled lawmakers, journalists and amateur Mueller sleuths.

Perhaps most unsatisfying: Mueller’s findings may never even see the light of day.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/ ... ngs-914754
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There's quite a few Trump associates who've already been indicted, convicted or plead guilty of a crime because of Mueller's team. So even if Trump gets through this investigation without an indictment, he's already a tainted man, or worse, a traitor, purely by association with the company he's kept or did business with in his past that had verified crooked dealings with the Russians.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... grand-jury
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Perhaps most unsatisfying: Mueller’s findings may never even see the light of day.
No, he was never going to package it up and wrap a bow on it. But Mueller's findings are already seeing the light of day by way of indictments. And they will likely continue to shed light as they work up the chain until they have to stop before the President. But just because Mueller is working on the assumption that a sitting President cannot be indicted, doesn't mean Trump can't show up as an un-indicted co-conspirator, as was the case in the Michael Cohen plea. They've been establishing the crime necessary for a conspiracy charge, and flipping people. They've had Manafort for a month now since going dark for the election. My guess is shortly after the election we're going to start seeing the real fireworks, and they'll probably get as close to Trump as Junior before any info on Trump himself goes to DOJ. Whether DOJ gives it to Congress or Congress takes it is probably TBD. (depends greatly on who controls the House)

Of course, Trump could fire Sessions/Rosenstein to kill the Special Council, and the Republican Senate would probably be cool with it and rubber stamp a new AG.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Echos of the past, right down to the vilification of the media and those he claimed were enemies of the country, the anti-war protestors. How will it eventually play out with Trump now? Only Mueller knows. :wink:

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... s_ago.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Speaking of vilification...

So if you see stories of sexual harassment or abuse allegations tomorrow or the next few days, keep in mind that it's in an effort to discredit robert muller.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Since Trump and the GOP have already burned that bridge, I guess we can take with a grain of salt whatever accusations someone brings forth against Mueller. Especially since no one believed Ford, even though she testified under oath. :roll:
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Everyone watching believed Ford. Republicans just didn't care.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Uh oh. It's nothing but a cooked up right wing nutbag's attempt to create a fake sex scandal in the lame attempt to smear Mueller. Needless to say, he wasn't amused and referred the matter to the FBI. Ooopsi. Never prank someone who can sick the FBI on you. :lol:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... on-n926301

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... FK4PPe-a6c
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11 ... rjury-trap

trump's twitter feed has literally exploded over this.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The noose is tightening and Trump is squirming. Good. He's a damn traitor to our country and needs to be impeached. And just to thumb their noses at the dwindling power of the U.S., the Saudi Prince and Putin publicly expressed their pleasure with the performance of their dimwit puppet running the U.S. by giving a hearty high five to each other at the G20. Trump, the pitiful asswipe who's too cozy with murderous dictators actually to dole out some state-sanctioned punishment and hold people accountable.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

For a second I read that as "apenews" :P
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The first domino falls and it reveals that there are a few more investigations going on than we previously knew about. It also tells us that if someone is under investigation and cooperates with Mueller, he will reward you for being truthful. He obviously wants to bag the biggest and most traitorous fish in the ocean. :wink:

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/4/18126618/ ... redactions
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-i ... -collusion

Closing in.

Now.. where are the trump supporters now? Before they were all like 'rah rah trump innocent! no collusion! fake news! He'll win!" And today... silence.

And those of us who said he was guilty.. We were right.

Trump supporter rage and tears taste pretty good right about now.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Trump supporters are still there, though perhaps a few voices have gone silent (sort of like how Trump himself stopped taking credit for the stock market this year).
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

OH I know they're out there. I see them in my travels. We still have one here, though he hasn't said much after that one little uptick of commenting, like you've said.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Ferno wrote:Now.. where are the trump supporters now? Before they were all like 'rah rah trump innocent! no collusion! fake news! He'll win!" And today... silence.
Quite simply, they probably don't even know.

foxvall.jpg
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Vander wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 pmQuite simply, they probably don't even know.
It's true, they have no idea. I'm friends with a few Trump supporters. I was with one yesterday and he said, genuinely, "I wonder what happened to the caravan?" I flew into a rage. "Why the ★■◆● do you care about a handful of poor people trying to escape problems we helped create when we have absolute corruption at the highest levels in this country?!" I can't ★■◆●ing take the stupidity and ignorance anymore. Last weekend I went out with another Trump supporter friend. It was her birthday. She also seems oblivious. She's a hardcore Libertarian who has been on some form of public assistance for a significant chunk of her adult life, and I'm sure there some cognitive dissonance squaring that up somehow. If I haven't mentioned before, both of these friends are immigrants who came here in their adult life. One of them is on Social Security because he's 78 years old, yet still votes Republican every time. Idiot.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'd like to see the bastard traitor get impeached for his dirty dealings with Russia and you know he's in it up to his neck, along with his idiot kids. Mueller's taking too damn long. But I guess I'll have to settle for nailing the Orange Don with campaign finance violations for having his "fixer" lawyer (doesn't that sound just like something straight out of "The Godfather"?) pay hush money to hide his wandering pencil dick's escapades from the voting public. Whatever it takes right now to get him the hell out of the White House. In fact, it would be poetic justice to impeach him for nearly the same thing that the Republicans nailed Clinton with, lying and covering up sexual dalliances. Sweet. :wink:

https://news.yahoo.com/top-democrats-tr ... 43487.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/14/18140744 ... estigation

Better bring your popcorn for this one.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Manafort's lawyers made a little mistake. Tsk, tsk. Manafort is a traitor and since he worked for the Trump campaign when he shared this information with the Russians, so is Trump. Mueller is supposedly close to wrapping up this investigation. Trump's day of reckoning can't come soon enough.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/p ... imnik.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/d ... ump/15300/

Here it is ladies and gents.. the endgame.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Never underestimate the stupidity and blindness of Trump's devoted followers, even in the face of some pretty damning evidence that the man is a traitor to our nation, a puppet for a hostile foreign nation and that his party and it's adherents are enablers. The endgame, when it comes, is going to be a long and messy affair as Trump whines and blathers that he's innocent and that it's all a "witch hunt". I'm betting Mueller is selectively leaking this because of the upcoming conformation hearings for Trump's new attorney general, a man who is openly hostile to the Mueller investigation. I've also always wondered what would happen if we ever elected someone as unfit as Trump to the presidency. Now we know. We've been made the laughing stock of the world and our government is impotent and crumbling into the vile morass of Trump's swamp.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

With a lawyer like him, who needs prosecutors. :lol:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html

And the "clarification" didn't help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edirect=on

So how long before he's kicked out of the Trump Team. :P

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ip-1120008
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

But her Emails!