Where's Polymodel Software?

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Where's Polymodel Software?

Post by TSXMike »

Where do I get the software for designing/using custom polymodels? I think its called Polytron? I know we've talked about this before, but I can't find those posts or a link to where I download it. I've looked at pumo's site, but I don't see this download there.
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Where's Polymodel Software?

Post by TSXMike »

You what's funny - I found it already on my computer - nevermind.
But I have a new question: when I start Polytron32, the screen appears like it should, but the cursor is going crazy. Its the circular hourglass (windows7 circle) rapidly switching back and forth from circle to arrow. It seems to be constantly trying to press the blue/yellow arrow button at the top. The icon on the yellow/blue arrow button forms a right angle. It keeps pressing by itself rapidly. I cannot click/press anything else because that button keeps pressing by itself. It seems like an infinite loop. Then after a short time, polytron32 crashes. After it crashes, I have a black spot on my desktop leftover. In order to get rid of the black spot left over, I have to taskkill explorer.exe, restart explorer, then the bottom taskbar has the purple icon that says "PMV." Closing that gets rid of the black spot.

Anybody have any idea how I could get polytron32 to work properly? The readme.txt file says it was made on Windows98, so maybe I have to get one that will run on windows7 which may bring me back to the question of where to download.
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TSXMike »

anybody?
Arne
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arne »

You probably need a Windows XP virtual machine to use polytron32 nowadays.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Actually and IIRC, Polytron32 works fine on Windows 10 (I think I used it a couple of years ago).
You just need to install de Descent Manager DLL Pack for it to work, but even then, it's buggy as hell.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)