Flat Earthers

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Flat Earthers

Post by TigerRaptor »

Damn Krom that was a bit harsh. :lol: 

Neo try to prove the Earth is not a planet. Also, if you take the time to understand the Bible, you will know that Jesus refers to God as the heavenly father many times over. There is the popular prayer: Our Father, who art in Heaven.

Matthew 6:26: Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:00 pmLightWolf, how do you know you were speaking to God and not to an evil spirit?
How about you ask yourself this?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Neo nor Burlyman have shown us proof of a flat earth either. I want to see this supposed edge where the firmament meets the ice in Antarctica, and in the Arctic for that matter since it's on the other end of our world according to them. And TigerRaptor, I still don't see why God has to have a male pronoun. God shouldn't need a sex at all, or hair, teeth, fingers and toes for that matter, so where did this created in His image come from? I'm guessing it was MEN who created God in their own image when they wrote the Bible (make no mistake, men wrote the Bible), or within any other religion on this idiot planet for that matter. If we were created in the image of God, the template was downright butt ugly, so those MEN were self-admiring paternalists seeking glory and power. Besides, there are many animals that are better looking than humans. We're nothing but bare-skinned hairless weak freaks that without that brain/tools ability, we'd would have been long eaten to extinction in this cold cruel world. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Without going too deep into this because I don’t like getting involved with religious discussions. I only brought that up because a certain someone likes to run his mouth too much.

Tunnelcat It’s as you said, men wrote the Bible, and there is no debating that. It is said that God wrote the Bible through men over course of time. And why does God need to be male? That’s just who God is: someone who has always existed before anything existed. These are things that are written, and how would I be able to prove that to you or anyone else here? I can’t.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I guess you can't. But you can't prove God exists either since he hasn't bothered speaking to us lately. There is so much evidence now that's contrary to what's written in the Bible that even that tome is full of nothing but superstition, evil and lore. Sure, many figures written about are also mentioned in other ancient texts, so there is actual history with actual people there, which means they existed as historical figures. But when you delve into the magical thinking aspects, that's all it is, superstitious explanations for things that we can explain with science now and what we can see is far different than what ancient man observed with fear on their minds.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:00 pm
WarAdvocat wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:41 pm If the Earth is flat - where's the edge?
I just told you. The earth isn't a planet, it's a world. It didn't form as a "celestial body," it was created by God. The edge is where the Antarctica ice wall meets the firmament.
Not sure why you felt it necessary to "correct" my terminology but ok, I'll bite: Why hasn't someone gone to the see the meeting place between the world and the firmament to confirm/prove/disprove your assertion? It seems pretty simple. Or is it just more fun to argue on the internet?
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:40 pm Ooooooh Kay. Answer me this Burlyman. Why do most artists depict God as a male? Here's one of many images that can be found in literature from the past. And why are most religions in this world, past and present, male centric, depicting their God as a male? Oh and Krom, we should tell Burlyman to just ask William Shatner. He's actually flown in a rocket to space and described what he saw, a round earth with a curvature.

You should know the answer to this. It's because they're making images. William Shatner was told to lie. I thought you'd be more mature than that, Tunnelcat.

I told you this would be easy :)
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

WarAdvocat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:27 am
Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:00 pm
WarAdvocat wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:41 pm If the Earth is flat - where's the edge?
I just told you. The earth isn't a planet, it's a world. It didn't form as a "celestial body," it was created by God. The edge is where the Antarctica ice wall meets the firmament.
Not sure why you felt it necessary to "correct" my terminology but ok, I'll bite: Why hasn't someone gone to the see the meeting place between the world and the firmament to confirm/prove/disprove your assertion? It seems pretty simple. Or is it just more fun to argue on the internet?
"Someone" did but they're not talking about it.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:27 am
Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:00 pmLightWolf, how do you know you were speaking to God and not to an evil spirit?
I know how to test the spirits.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Burlyman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:59 am "Someone" did but they're not talking about it.
Let's do an expedition. I need a vacation this sounds like fun. You in?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Oh wow, he's right, it IS flat!

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Burlyman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:01 am
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:27 am
I know how to test the spirits.
Are you completely sure about that? How do you know that's not just what they want you to think?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

WarAdvocat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Burlyman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:59 am "Someone" did but they're not talking about it.
Let's do an expedition. I need a vacation this sounds like fun. You in?
I'm in too. I always wanted to visit Horus.

WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

TigerRaptor wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:13 am I'm in too. I always wanted to visit Horus.
I'm still pricing this expedition out, may have to cash in one of my Roths... https://www.swoop-antarctica.com/advent ... h-pole/fly
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Burlyman, better ask every astronaut since the Mercury Space program because all of them can't be lying, many to their graves. There's a few Russkies and Chinese that have been in space and can vouch for a round earth as well. Stay with your delusions if you wish, but science has long since negated the flat earth nonsense that ancient ignorant men came up with long ago. Tell you what. Why don't you join the space program and be the next man on the moon, or at least take a visit to the space station, if you can come up with the cash. :wink:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'd pay good money to launch Neo into space. Preferably on an escape trajectory.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm I'd pay good money to launch Neo into space. Preferably on an escape trajectory.
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:37 pm Burlyman, better ask every astronaut since the Mercury Space program because all of them can't be lying, many to their graves. There's a few Russkies and Chinese that have been in space and can vouch for a round earth as well. Stay with your delusions if you wish, but science has long since negated the flat earth nonsense that ancient ignorant men came up with long ago. Tell you what. Why don't you join the space program and be the next man on the moon, or at least take a visit to the space station, if you can come up with the cash. :wink:
It's funny because the flat earth conspiracy requires that the US and USSR were working together to hide it at the height of the Cold War, and were even willing to risk nuclear war multiple times instead of revealing the secret. :roll:
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Maybe launching Neo into space is a really bad idea. I mean, what happens if an alien stealth mothership intercepts him, beams him on board, probes him with their highly advance (censored) prob devices, and they learn how messed up he is, and then the aliens will think everyone on Earth is like him and they decide to blow us up with their illudium q-36 explosive space modulator that will result in an earth-shading kaboom! Once our little blue planet is gone. They're going to fire Neo into the Sun at Mach 874,635.6. He'll scream for only a very brief moment, but no one will hear him because the Earth is gone and there is no air in space.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

TigerRaptor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:36 pm They're going to fire Neo into the Sun at Mach 874,635.6
by my calculations, that'd exceed the speed limit (300,000 km/s). But only by a bit. Depends on where you how you derive your mach number, I suppose.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I've been pondering about your calculations. I believe you're right.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

U MAD, BRO?

I think you all should take flights to so-called Antarctica and take pictures to prove me wrong. Just don't fly too far into the cold. :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

You're the one making the batshit insane claims, so the burden of proof is on you. Hop on a plane and go hang out with some penguins so we can all point and laugh at you.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Shouldn't flat earthers be more worried about climate change than anyone else? After all, if they think that a giant wall of ice holds the oceans back, then if it melts they would all flow off the edge!
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

No, the firmament is there and the moon cools the earth down. There isn't enough information about flat earth from school. You'll have to find it.

Top Gun I just said to prove it since you guys seem to want to go to Antarctica anyway. Stop being so rude to me.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

There isn't enough information about flat earth anywhere because every single flat earther has different ideas about how it's supposed to work. I've certainly never heard "the moon cools the earth down" before, for example. How is that even supposed to work? Don't you think the moon is only a few miles away and the size of a mountain?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Believing that an entire continent that multiple human beings are living on right now is fictional is nothing short of mental illness. Get yourself some help before you get hurt.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

So Mr. Neo. Do penguins live in the south?
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I think I'm gonna dip out of this convo because it's so irrational. There's a LOT of convincing, even compelling empirical evidence that we do not live on a flat Earth. The opposite cannot be said to be true, instead we have faith-based claims and basic denials of the empirical evidence (and claims of hoaxes galore to boot). As Carl Sagan said, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Even if we ignore all of the exo-atmospheric flight and space travel we've done, the evidence is overwhelming that we live in a spheroid planet in a star system centered on the star Sol. Just the Coriolis effect alone is compelling enough to call the flat Earther's claims into question. So I'm done with this absurdity. HF trolling, Neo.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Faith is what people cling to when the facts are something they don't want to acknowledge, or believe.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

People do that with scientism too. :)

I agree with WarAdvocat to a degree. This conversation is over.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:00 pm I can't tell you either of these things except that gravity is not universal. They are secrets. Sorry. :)

but keep thinking people can land on the moon, it might be safer that way.
I love it. This tiny post is able to be wrong about two things... Three things if you count the second sentence. I love it. The "Sorry. :)" is like a garnish. It's art. Best post in the dbb.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Why did you bump a several-months-old thread?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:42 pm Why did you bump a several-months-old thread?
You make a good point: I shouldn't have to bump it. This thread should be stickied/pinned.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

lol.. that good, huh?
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Ohh I love watching when two edgelords drop their panties for some genital fencing!
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I thought you didn’t want to talk about this anymore? :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

WarAdvocat wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:04 am Ohh I love watching when two edgelords drop their panties for some genital fencing!
My body is ready
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Burlyman wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:08 pm I thought you didn’t want to talk about this anymore? :)
I am not talking about "that". I'm talking about YOU (and him). LOL

edit: Apologies if I assumed anyone's gender identity.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

WarAdvocat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:08 am
Burlyman wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:08 pm I thought you didn’t want to talk about this anymore? :)
I am not talking about "that". I'm talking about YOU (and him). LOL

edit: Apologies if I assumed anyone's gender identity.
Burlyman doesn't even believe the moon is flat. He's insane.