win 10 updater

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

win 10 updater

Post by woodchip »

Ok, starting to piss me off. A while back the updater would come on at the most in-opportune time...like in the middle of a game. So I thought I fixed it by scheduling it for 3:00am. Well it's back and I don't know what changed. So how do I permanently change this to 3:00 am?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: win 10 updater

Post by Krom »

Microsoft likes to reset "active hours" during major updates, at least on my PC it defaults to 5 AM till 9 PM where it won't bug me about updates. But a big difference is I never turn off this PC so it is on to check for updates the rest of the time. If you turn your PC off when you aren't using it, active hours becomes kind of worthless.

Also make sure focus assist is set to come on when you are playing a game, it should kick the notifications into the background so it won't bother you.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I use a program called Windows Update MiniTool with Windows automatic updates set to disable. There's also a Notification mode, but I prefer to do things manually and choose what I want installed if necessary.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I went with Tigers suggestion. Works good so far. Considering I just had a update yesterday, I see it didn't include a driver update for my Samsung monitor, nor a update for adobe flash. So one has to wonder how selective Microsoft is. Thanks.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager