New PC not sleeping

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

New PC not sleeping

Post by CDN_Merlin »

So my new system is not sleeping. Tried everything I found on the net. Here is the errors after running powercfg -requests

What is the last item and how can I fix it?

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name USB Composite Device
Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06ED
Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0
Device ID USB\VID_046D&PID_C24F
Port Path 11,1
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device ID USB\VID_1532&PID_0221
Port Path 10
Device ID USB\VID_1532&PID_0046
Port Path 6
Device Name USB Input Device
Device ID USB\VID_1E8B&PID_C0DE
Port Path 5
Device Name Generic USB Hub
Device ID USB\VID_05E3&PID_0608
Port Path 11
CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
Average Utilization (%) 25.67
Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: New PC not sleeping

Post by Krom »

ASPM being disabled seems to be a non-issue or otherwise not related to the machine not being able to sleep. Even machines that have it disabled are normally still able to enter and remain in S3 sleep. Diagnosing issues with computers sleeping can be a huge pain because so many things interact with it, could be a driver doing it, could be a device doing it, could be software doing it. Also it doesn't help that I don't know of any good tools for diagnosing issues with it (because I never put my machine to sleep so I've never needed them).
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

The sad part if I have to turn off my monitor every time because I don't want it on 100% of the time. I had the same issue with my last PC and after changing settings, windows update it eventually went to sleep. This time I can't figure it out.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

There is a easier way to get your display to sleep, lock the station (windows key + L) even if you don't have a password. Default display timeout in windows when the station is locked is 1 minute. It is what I use when I am going to step away for more than 5 minutes or so and don't want the screen running the whole time.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

unplug your mouse and see if it goes to sleep.

you can google the usb device id's to get a better idea of which device it is, they all look to be related to gaming devices.