PXO work now? (See linked thread)

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

jr2
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

PXO work now? (See linked thread)

Post by jr2 »

If I'm reading this right, Retail D3 should now work with PXO. Correct?

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index ... ic=93473.0
Same handle over on HLP Forums (FreeSpace Open / Source Code Project & related mods and TCs)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: PXO work now? (See linked thread)

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Seems like it brought back PXO. Interesting
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

There was an even more interesting project going on around www.parallaxonline.com a few years back where PXO worked again without anything further than registering an account there.

However: That PXO protocol ist not compatible with the system we use nowadays and we thought it could split the remaining player base into two parts - even killing it so we did not release the working system after all.
Freakster90
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Freakster90 »

Hmmm... I've been trying to get a game running on Do_Checkor's BOZ server for a while now, two weeks at least.

And every day I go to check, it seems a user "TryPXO" has had a server running constantly. Can't boot up a server at all because they're running theirs.

Does this happen to be an intentional thing to support the new PXO thing? Or is this an incredibly bad action in an attempt to advertise it?

I'm kinda confused here, considering it appears as though PXO doesn't even work with Descent 3... At least on that nottheeye link provided in the thread that was linked.

I could also just be dumb, and don't know how to configure D3 to link up to the new servers.
You can find me in-game as UsedDentalFloss

Just a wee bit rusty... Just... Rusty...

Played in the good old days as Freakster, with my uncle Dorkster.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Hey mate! If the BOZ SOD constantly appears to occupied: Most likely the system got stuck by whatever reason. Drop me a quick PM / e-mail and i shall get it sorted.

It has nothing to do with PXO.

"TryPXO" is just a player who regularly uses the SOD systems of Descentforum.NET / .DE