Windows 11 resembles KDE Plasma desktop.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Windows 11 resembles KDE Plasma desktop.

Post by TigerRaptor »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Windows 11 resembles KDE Plasma desktop.

Post by Tunnelcat »

Typical Microsoft. They don't innovate, they steal or borrow other's work in order to cobble something together and call it their own. And they do it badly.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I mean, there's nothing wrong with copying per se. The linux desktop environment that I run (Cinnamon) has a start menu that is basically a slightly better version of Windows 7's. But saying that Windows 11 is copying Plasma is being pretty generous to Windows 11. In Plasma's (and Cinnamon's) "start menu", they have that totally useful hierarchical way of finding a program to the left if you haven't memorized its name yet or you forgot. On Windows, I just try typing random things until I eventually get it.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I wounder what Steve Ballmer thinks of the new Windows 11 design. It wouldn't surprise me if he was jumping off his living room furniture like a demented howler monkey. It is nice to see Microsoft has ditched Gates and Ballmer old way of thinking over the years. Apple bad, Linux bad, Android bad grrr.

People in the Linux community are now calling Windows 11, Lindows 11.