Manic Mine

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Manic Mine

Post by LightWolf »

A Baloris Prime level I worked on over the past few months, where you get a lot of weapons quickly but the robots are prepared. I hope you enjoy!
Also supports 4-player coop and 8-player anarchy (all modes), though I cannot recommend robo-anarchy as in the beginning it is not very fair.

https://sectorgame.com/dxma/mission/?m=1847

It is possible you will encounter the object limit early on, though I tried to minimize that possibility. This should only show up if a ton of weapons fire is active at once, and by the time you reach the blue key it shouldn't be an issue at all.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
worldoffood
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Manic Mine

Post by worldoffood »

I had fun! The first part is pretty rough, had to restart a few times to finally get through it, but difficulty balances out just fine after that. Probably wouldn't matter if it was continuous play. Only ran into the object limit in the first room or two. Not a big deal considering the size of the map. I dig the symmetry, and the progression with each key was very cool.

Robots were well placed and encounters felt fair. I like the texture variety a lot, makes each area feel distinct. The final fight was a bit too easy because of the size of the room. Could just stay way back and snipe. My only real complaint.

There were a few matcens I never activated while exploring the level. Not sure if I just missed the triggers somehow? Or if they were just there for intimidation lol!

Cheers