Evolution

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re: Evolution

Post by WarAdvocat »

The irony. Here you sit, positing magical stories utilizing a device whose core is comprised of multiple layers of silicon intricately inscribed in patterns doped with trace rare-earth elements at nanometer scale, a bare six decades after slide rules fell out of favor. "I don't understand how things could get so complex so quickly", you say.

meh
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

@Ferno I think you meant well, but you came very very close to crossing more than one very serious personal line in your post there. I'm trusting you right now because I still believe you to be a fair-minded person, but I'm not sure I should. Please keep that in mind.
Oh grow up. I called you out on bad and immature behaviour. You don't get to try and turn this around on me. It's the consequences of what you said.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

That's the problem with Ferno, it's always someone else's fault
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Darth Wang wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:12 pm I stopped bothering to seriously engage with creationists a long time ago, mainly because their ridiculous attacks on evolution and the double standards they have for it compared to other branches of science make their agenda so obvious.

Did you know that there's much more evidence for evolution than there is for gravity? No, really. Gravitational waves were only just recently detected in 2015 after being posited for over 100 years, and the graviton, the fundamental particle of gravity, is still only hypothetical. No one has ever seen or measured one. But most creationists have no problem with the theory of gravity, because it doesn't contradict an obviously metaphorical story about naked people in a garden with a talking snake. (And the majority of Christians worldwide recognize the story to be metaphorical).

If the Bible said that it was angels pulling things back to Earth that made them fall, and didn't say that every creature was created individually, you just know they'd be going after gravity instead of evolution, regardless of the actual scientific evidence or lack thereof.
The creation story in Genesis isn't metaphorical, and they weren't just "naked," the bible says they were 'arumim' the same word used to describe the serpent! The serpent wasn't a talking snake, especially since it was said to be 'arum'
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Uh, since humans and the earth have been around far longer than 6000 years, it's a fable. Homo Sapiens, modern humans, have been around for about 200,000 years, well before the Bible was written. Older forms of humans have been around for millions of years. And no, humans and dinosaurs didn't exist alongside one another either.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.