If Americans thought our Covid restrictions were draconian...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: If Americans thought our Covid restrictions were draconian...

Post by Top Gun »

The very people who broke into the Capitol have stated that they did so thanks to Trump spurring them on. And yet the colossal ostrich up there continues to bury his head in the sand.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

On purpose.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So can't point out any urging to riot. About what I figured. Must be depressing to be so willfully ignorant.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Woody is such a great example of how right-wing propaganda works. He doesn't have any critical thinking skills, so the effect is totally transparent. The real problem is that Trump worked in conjunction with people to overturn a fair election, but the propaganda machine has woody focusing on the Capitol riot. He's told that the Capitol riot wasn't anything but a few antifa or deep-state (take your pick) provocateurs and unless Trump explicitly said "go riot" he is innocent and the victim of a political smear. Once you convince these rubes of their victim-hood, their brain shuts down to any new information because what the right-wing loves most is the be a victim. Their entire party runs off of a religious persecution complex. That's reinforced here where woody gets to feel like a Jesus figure who is persecuted for telling the truth. It's all kind of sick and sad.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:29 am So can't point out any urging to riot. About what I figured. Must be depressing to be so willfully ignorant.
I DID point it out, in several direct quotes I gleaned from his little insurrection speech. I guess you don't understand about how subtext and hints, very blatant ones at that, work real well at riling up a pissed off crowd of devoted believers who have bought into The Big Lie, a lie that Trump keeps on repeating TO THIS VERY DAY like some warped broken record. What's that old saying: "When you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth". This is known as The Illusion of Truth effect and every Trump lover in this country suffers from it in spades.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.