Some considerations

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Some considerations

Post by Darth Wang »

Clarence Thomas said that overturning Roe vs Wade created precedent for overturning other cases, including Griswold vs Connecticut. Their goal is to go after contraception next.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Wow. An actual old fashioned principled Republican. Better watch out Spidey. You're a dying breed, or in a Trumptard's words, a RINO. :mrgreen:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Darth Wang wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:54 pm Clarence Thomas said that overturning Roe vs Wade created precedent for overturning other cases, including Griswold vs Connecticut. Their goal is to go after contraception next.
So Thomas wants to bring back the Connecticut Comstock Law by saying the Constitution does not apply. Here we go, even more unwanted babies that people will somehow find ways to illegally murder no matter what laws are on the books. We're turning into a nation of religious laws, even though the Constitution has a clause about separation of church and state.

For example, another recent SCOTUS decision. A public school, a state institution BTW, now has to allow prayer on the football field, or elsewhere for that matter. What do you suppose would happen if say a Muslim coach wanted to do his daily prayer on the field at the same school? And why pray for a violent game's outcome anyway? Sick.

https://www.mass.gov/news/ag-healey-sta ... rayer-case
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:47 pm Which one is the right thing to do?
Derail the trolly.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

[Deleted] Mod here. Speak some non-racist proper language that makes actual sense and doesn't insult nearly everyone here.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey, I'm sorry I accidentally deleted your post when replying to you last night because the stupid forum buttons are too small for my fat fingers on my phone's screen and my eyes aren't what they used to be either. Yes, I know you don't consider yourself a Republican, more of an independent conservative that doesn't identify as a Republican anymore (good for you), so I hope that's set straight. And yes, I said RHINO instead of RINO. My boo boo. I fixed it. :mrgreen:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

"It's OK for me, evil for thee." However, if you want to get elected, it seems that you're allowed to change your mind without consequence, depending on who's collective asses you want to kiss at the time. Both of them are hypocrites, which technically should be included in the dictionary's definition of a politician. :roll:

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, a 10 year old girl gets raped by an illegal immigrant in Ohio. She had to travel to Indiana to get an abortion because Ohio makes it illegal in ALL cases after six weeks of gestation.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/hea ... 779936001/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/13/us/ohio- ... index.html

This how conservatives at Fox News covered the story. No concern for the welfare of the child and even outright denial the rape even happened because the Ohio AG had never heard about it at the time. Well, someone's been arrested, so it happened.

https://news.yahoo.com/jesse-watters-su ... 49448.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-1 ... ice-source