Armageddon

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Armageddon

Post by woodchip »

Listening to all the chicken little liberal bemoaning the take over of Twitter by Musk, the world is facing a worse crisis than Putin's threat to use nukes in the Ukraine. Oh the tears! Listen up my liberal friends, you have more to worry about than Elon buying up a social media platform, You have a midterm election coming up and the real bloodbath will be there as the republicans sweep the dems from power. The pendulum is swinging the other way and I hope we don't go to the extreme that they set up another House Un-american activities committee as I remember from the fifties.
If you enjoyed all the crap the left has caused, all I can say is "You ain't seen nothing yet"
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Armageddon

Post by Vander »

Yeah, fascists getting power isn't great.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I have a twitter account. It has 3 pictures of my cats. I do worry about society and social media. These last 5 years have been an amazing display by people I went to high school with who couldn't find Minnesota on the map and they lived there and were failing a geography exam within those borders. Now all of a sudden they are the renaissance man epidemiologists, lawyers, economic professors, and morally pure even though I distinctly remember that they were spreading crotch crickets in the back of a rusted out Chevy Nova sexing it up to Bon Jovi power ballads while maybe making C's. But you know what they say Dan: "C's get degrees".

Oh yeah, they also support their entire world view by using internet memes and having their other lower 50% of the American public education system "friends" type "so true" or "facts" to support the underachiever that guides them. I made this on my iPhone using Adobe free software - it has a template called "memes". ANYBODY can make one and it doesn't have to be true at all. So yeah, I've given up. People calling themselves patriots, trans-bi-lingual-alcoholic-reformers, christians... ya'll a bunch of fuckin narcissists that think I give a ★■◆● that you believe in nothing and assume anyone wants to hear about it. ★■◆● Putin, the Earth is going to do away with us well with tectonic plates, who gives a flying ★■◆● about your American flag or where you shove that zucchini.

Mommy tha intanet said so, look, I agree... it's so true. Maybe if I use all caps and multiple exclamation points people will see I'm really passionate about having no ★■◆●ing clue at all.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I think if I hear "influencer" one more time I might throw up.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/kevin-mc ... y-in-house

All this with inflation running rampant and an energy crisis because of Putin's illegal war and that's the first thing on his adgenda for the House? Oh wait, I think the Republicans are going to cut the aide and leave Ukraine to the tender mercies of a vengeful Putin.

Oh, let's don't forget the DOJ, that Trump politicized and used as a weapon against his enemies. Gotta clean that up NOW that a Dem is president. Nevermind that Mccarthy never said bupkiss about what Trump and the Sessions/Barr DOJ were doing with their cozy relationships.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/kevin-mc ... the-house/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:39 amIf you enjoyed all the crap the left has caused, all I can say is "You ain't seen nothing yet"

LOL I wish we had some leftist policies in the US. Would be nice to catch up to the modern world.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Twitter was a cesspool before Musk bought it, now it will transition from a cesspool to a $44 billion dollar dumpster fire. Musk should stick to what he is good at (building cars and rockets) but otherwise STFU and stay out of view.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Krom wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am Twitter was a cesspool before Musk bought it, now it will transition from a cesspool to a $44 billion dollar dumpster fire. Musk should stick to what he is good at (building cars and rockets) but otherwise STFU and stay out of view.
What boggles the mind is that the James Webb Space Telescope was $10 billion clams. You're telling me there could be 3-4 more of those telescopes out there collecting information on the universe for the same amount of money as Twitter? It just seems ridiculous.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am Twitter was a cesspool before Musk bought it, now it will transition from a cesspool to a $44 billion dollar dumpster fire. Musk should stick to what he is good at (building cars and rockets) but otherwise STFU and stay out of view.
If he let's Trump et al back in, it'll become a fascist nuclear waste dump with no containment, free to spread radioactive sludge everywhere.

I wish I had $44 billion to toss around like that, which just goes to show you. Uber rich pricks like Musk live in a deluded fantasy world of their own making. Money has a way of cutting people off from reality and turning them into insufferable arrogant jackasses. You know, like Kanye, or "Ye" as he calls his antisemitic self these days. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Daily Wire? That extremist rag? Anyone who reads that kills braincells each time.

Try again, TC.

Krom, musky boy couldn't build a rocket or a car if his life depended on it. All he's good for is buying up companies and making shitposts on twitter.

Oh and woody.... shut the ★■◆● up. Shut your toxic ass mouth.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Better? Funnier at least.

https://crooksandliars.com/2022/02/desp ... mises-tons

More: (I really, REALLY hope the NSA actually spied on Tucker Goebbels, aka, Tucker Carlson, but I doubt it. As an aside, ★■◆● you Republicans and the horse you rode in on with your new Fascist-Christian 2024 Culture Wars.)

https://www.axios.com/2021/12/19/republ ... e-majority

https://news.yahoo.com/mccarthy-no-blan ... 52336.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Axios is good, yahoo is almost as good.

Crooks and Liars is about as bad as daily wire.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Place your bets on what Biden gets impeached for.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Vander wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:22 pm Place your bets on what Biden gets impeached for.
Like republicans need a reason, they can just make one.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:15 pm Axios is good, yahoo is almost as good.

Crooks and Liars is about as bad as daily wire.
Yeah, but it's funnier. :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 pm
Vander wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:22 pm Place your bets on what Biden gets impeached for.
And the Dems needed one for Trump?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Inciting armed insurrection and/or blatantly obstructing justice on countless occasions weren't enough for you?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Krom wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 pm
That's the thing though, it needs to be at least a little plausible. I've been spending more time in right-wing spaces lately to better understand how they think and the propaganda machine is having a really hard time making a narrative stick. Not only has this administration's policies been extremely popular (Biden's approval rating keeps rising), the right can't seem to coalesce on an issue to push. There are no new lines in the culture war stuff and none of that has any executive action they can use as the basis for impeachment. They keep trying to pull the fiscal responsibility lie and apply it to the Ukraine-Russia war, but again, the public largely support this. I hate to say it (I REALLY hate to say it), but I mentioned the other day too a friend that Biden's presidency seems to be doing better than Obama's, and that is a HUGE change in my opinion from 2-3 years ago.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Top Gun wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:50 am Inciting armed insurrection and/or blatantly obstructing justice on countless occasions weren't enough for you?
But Top Gun, Republicans have turned a blind eye to ALL of Trump's transgressions. He's their God after all and you don't accuse God of being a crook.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:50 am Inciting armed insurrection and/or blatantly obstructing justice on countless occasions weren't enough for you?
I posted here a while age a link to the complete speech Trump made and no where in it was it shown that he incited anyone to revolt. Care to link proof Trump did that, other than left wing sources.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Trump spent his entire political career dog whistling to incite extremists.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:44 am I posted here a while age a link to the complete speech Trump made and no where in it was it shown that he incited anyone to revolt. Care to link proof Trump did that, other than left wing sources.
"Anything that stands in contrast to my ignorant insulated spoon-fed worldview is a left-wing source that cannot be trusted."
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip, do you believe Trump really won the 2020 election?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:34 am Trump spent his entire political career dog whistling to incite extremists.
No, he spent his entire career swindling people to get their money by any illegal and corrupt means possible. Now instead of money, it's power, using his same old tactics. Burn and vilify those you don't like, praise those you do and reward them mightily. Those that defy you, destroy them by any means possible. That's not a leader of a nation. That's the leader of a criminal enterprise.
woodchip wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:44 am
I posted here a while age a link to the complete speech Trump made and no where in it was it shown that he incited anyone to revolt. Care to link proof Trump did that, other than left wing sources.
Woody, I bet you can read between the lines and understand subtext when it suits you, as it did to every one of those right wing insurrectionists on Jan. 6th. So don't ply all of us with the nonsense that Trump didn't rile up that crowd for one specific purpose, to stop the certification of a legal election, because he most certainly did. That's one thing about megalomaniacs, they can't stand to lose and the reality is, TRUMP LOST, in both the election and in the courts long afterwards and he just couldn't take it. He still to this day says the 2020 election was stolen, The Big Lie. And just in case you can't or won't read Trump's subtext in that speech and in numerous tweets, here ya go, even if it is WaPo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 6-capitol/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -democrat/

And now, we are seeing the results of his Big Lie in this election. Voter intimidation. The worst is in Arizona. Some face masked and armed bozos taking pictures of people and their license plates when they drop off ballots. Chickenshits. Watch the boxes, but don't bring your damn guns, show your damn faces like men, don't intimidate people performing their civic duty and don't take pictures of everyone that drops off their ballots. If some idiot tried to take a picture of me dropping off my ballot, things would get ugly quick just to get the cops involved. We've already got texts and emails spreading voting lies here in Oregon, but it's worse in the more right wing southern counties.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 565205002/
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

This is why Obama is the far better statesman than Trump will ever be. Why? Because instead of asking people to punch this man in the mouth like Trump did with protesters at his rallies, Obama tries to keep things civil at his.

The Statesman.

The Clod.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:38 pm Krom, musky boy couldn't build a rocket or a car if his life depended on it. All he's good for is buying up companies and making shitposts on twitter.
Oh, did he buy Tesla or is he a founder. Did he buy up Space x or is he the founder? As usual Ferno, you once again prove to be totally ignorantWile Elon can get businesses to pony up 45 billion (I doubt you could get people to loan you 45.00), he also is able to hire some of the most capable people in the business. Just ask yourself who the guy is following musk into the twitter headquarters in the kitchen sink videos. Krom might know as this guy has a international rep. as being one of the top It/Hackers in the world
Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:38 pm Oh and woody.... shut the ★■◆● up. Shut your toxic ass mouth.
Make me fairy breath.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You and Musk are 2 peas in a pod. No wonder you're defending him. You may think he's smart, but he obviously isn't smart enough to clean up his newly acquired trash heap of a mouthpiece. In fact, he just added to it.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/musk-dele ... si-attack/
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Vander wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:49 am woodchip, do you believe Trump really won the 2020 election?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Dollars to donuts, I bet he does.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Thinking Musk founded spacex and tesla.

I'm about to pass out from laughing.

Woody, you should know by now your weak heel-biting wont work. It's closer to being gumnmed. Speaking of which, isn't it time you had your dentures changed, old man?

And make you? All I have to do is wait for you to say something horrible and krom shuts you up. Unless Krom allows me to be a temporary mod and then I'll shut you up. It would be a relief to everyone here.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Electric cars are good. Rockets that land are neat. The tunnel thing is stupid. Full self driving won't happen. I like Twitter, which I basically use as a self-curated non-algorithmic RSS feed. Nobody will be going to Mars. Elon Musk seems like a douche bag.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

As far as I know Musk was the founder of SpaceX but not Tesla.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Correct Spidey. He's the current CEO, not the founder, of which there were 2 partners. Musk coughed up $6.5 mil to become the largest shareholder, so he bought his way in. I don't think he's a benefit to the company though.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Vander wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:20 pmNobody will be going to Mars.
Not even the Material Defender? Who's going to clear out the infested PTMC mines, then? :lol:
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

The CED can deal with that problem along with those annoying secondary lifters. Damn jerks always following me around.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:05 pm Thinking Musk founded spacex and tesla.

Woody, you should know by now your weak heel-biting wont work. It's closer to being gumnmed. Speaking of which, isn't it time you had your dentures changed, old man?

And make you? All I have to do is wait for you to say something horrible and krom shuts you up. Unless Krom allows me to be a temporary mod and then I'll shut you up. It would be a relief to everyone here.
Have you passed out yet? "A lawsuit settlement agreed to by Eberhard and Tesla in September 2009 allows all five (Eberhard, Tarpenning, Wright, Musk and Straubel) to call themselves co-founders. "
While you like to think of yourself as the DBB intellectual because you listen to Ted Talk, you are not bright enough to to understand the difference between "founded" and "founder"

Oh and I didn't know Krom was your personal butt boy. I suspect not as Krom doesn't strike me as such. And you are such a brave boy here on the forum but I suspect the bravest thing you ever did was park a old rusting yellow school bus in front of your mothers house. Don't want to be insulted...then don't insult others.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Vander wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:49 am woodchip, do you believe Trump really won the 2020 election?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Today we learn Woodchip has a disturbing fantasy about Kroms' and my sex life.

★■◆●ing wow. Sure you're not gay, woody?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:03 am
Ferno wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:05 pm Thinking Musk founded spacex and tesla.

Have you passed out yet? "A lawsuit settlement agreed to by Eberhard and Tesla in September 2009 allows all five (Eberhard, Tarpenning, Wright, Musk and Straubel) to call themselves co-founders. "
While you like to think of yourself as the DBB intellectual because you listen to Ted Talk, you are not bright enough to to understand the difference between "founded" and "founder"

Oh and I didn't know Krom was your personal butt boy. I suspect not as Krom doesn't strike me as such. And you are such a brave boy here on the forum but I suspect the bravest thing you ever did was park a old rusting yellow school bus in front of your mothers house. Don't want to be insulted...then don't insult others.
Elon Musk is NOT a founder of Tesla, no matter who sues who, or when, or who paid how much money to get his butt titled a founder. Musk was not even around when the original 2 founders created Tesla. He's what's called AN INVESTOR of the company, or is that outside your vocabulary? Yes, he's contributed his smarts and tons of cash to the company and he's not stupid. But being smart does not preclude a person from being a self-aggrandizing jackass, which Musk is. I watched Musk in action when he went around SpaceX with Jay Leno on his car show. As much as he's done for the company, he still comes off a a self-absorbed prick with delusions of grandeur. You know, the kind of person Trump worships but can never attain himself? But since America's inventor hero Thomas Edison was in actuality a thief and manipulator with delusions of superiority and riches, a man who stole many of his ideas from others to claim as his own, destroyed the career and life of the most brilliant electrical inventor in history, Nikola Tesla, this type of sickness must run is some, but not all, nerd circles.

https://www.industryleadersmagazine.com ... -founders/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:46 am
Is Trump in office now? Then no I don't. Now, do you believe the best man won the election?