Goodhue

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Goodhue

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:08 am Yes the cops screwed up when they restrained Floyd but here's a list of drugs found in Floyd's system:

Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
Various types of THC: 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL; Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
Cotinine positive
Caffeine positive
Wonder if he would have survived if he wasn't a drug addict.
Figured you'd bring up the drugs in his system. This is victim blaming at its finest.

Who cares what he had in his system? If he had alcohol in his system, you'd be blaming that aswell. Anything to avoid confronting the fact that if he was white, he would be alive today.

That's why we call you a racist. Because every time a subject like this comes up, you can't confront the truth that the cops killed him because he was black.
I'm literally saying being polite is a better way to go
Blah blah blah. I'm literally telling you, and I'm being clear enough that a toddler can understand this, that your personal experience does not negate the thousands of black men AND women killed by cops because they were black. Look up the terms 'driving while black' and 'sunset towns' if you give even the tiniest bit of a ★■◆● about educating yourself and understanding what really is going on. I have a feeling that you'll remain ignorant on these matters, give us a weak and half-baked excuse why you refused to look them up, and try to 'correct' me again.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I think what you said to Isaac applies here instead, woody is absolutely a rape apologist too.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:13 pm I think what you said to Isaac applies here instead, woody is absolutely a rape apologist too.
Oh, I wouldn't doubt that in the slightest. Now let's watch the excuses and bull★■◆● pour in.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Also look up the "Perfect Victim Fallacy".
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Thanks for that Darth, that was certainly eye-opening.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:10 pm
Blah blah blah. I'm literally telling you, and I'm being clear enough that a toddler can understand this, that your personal experience does not negate the thousands of black men AND women killed by cops because they were black.
When did I claim that? You're implying that I'm arguing against those points simply because it's a convenient argument for you. That's both dumb and lazy. The only way you can counter me is by misrepresenting my words, almost like a straw man argument. Maybe you feel like a "big man" making these arguments, but they only work if it's against the point I made.

You like me correcting you, so please continue to stuffing the straw and I'll gladly point it out.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Deliberately ignoring the point I made. Called it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:17 pm Deliberately ignoring the point I made. Called it.
You're right. I'll address it now: There's a serious problem with cops killing people of color. I agree with that point. Why would I argue against that? Of course you'd pretend I argued against that so you'd feel like you'd have a chance against me in an argument.

Please, put more words in my mouth.

edit: I've lost count how many times I've corrected you. That's what? 5?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cops shooting people of color still going on. These cops initially lied about the driver lunging at them with a knife in order to cover up what really happened. Video evidence disproved police claims. It doesn't matter if the kid was a gang member, or had knives in his car. He was sitting in his car when he was shot by a cop, not outside lunging at that cop. Why lie about what transpired in the first place? It's damages police credibility.

https://6abc.com/eddie-irizarry-shootin ... /13663603/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:05 am Cops shooting people of color still going on.
Ferno is arguing as if I had said cops aren't shooting people of color, to make a straw man argument. I think people are reading his comments and assuming I actually had made such a claim.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac, I agree with your point that being polite and following instructions will always be best practice when dealing with the police. I think Ferno's point is valid that people of color tend to be on the receiving end of cop violence more than white people do, even when being compliant. An example is that black veteran who didn't want to get out of his car when he was stopped for a supposedly missing license plate. He refused to follow their orders out of fear and did have his hands visible to the police. He made no threatening moves. Yet, those cops first reactions when they got out of their car was to pull their guns, pepper spray him and yank him out of his car. Worse, his car DID have a rear temp plate if the damn cops had walked up to the back of the car and actually looked. But they immediately pulled their guns on this guy before even asking him questions about his plate. That would scare the hell out of me, especially if I was black.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:24 am I think Ferno's point is valid that people of color tend to be on the receiving end of cop violence more than white people do, even when being compliant.
The issue is, nobody is arguing against that. Ferno made that point to sound like he was countering a very racist argument nobody here has made. Edit: it's the only reason he brought it up, so I'm pointing it out.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, you should know Ferno by now. He likes to argue, even when he sorta gets your point.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Isaac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:53 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:05 am Cops shooting people of color still going on.
Ferno is arguing as if I had said cops aren't shooting people of color, to make a straw man argument. I think people are reading his comments and assuming I actually had made such a claim.
Again: In your opening statement, you claimed cops would only detain people if they were rude. You can try and distort what you said all you want, but no one's buying it. Trying to twist my position to suit your viewpoint isn't helping, either. Even your statement about how the cops would have treated him better if he was cooperating is complete ignorance. Watch the video.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:35 pm

Again: In your opening statement, you claimed cops would only detain people if they were rude.

Oh really? That's easy to check.
Isaac wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:20 pm I'm Latino and have never had a bad encounter with the police, but I'm always polite and do as instructed. On the other hand I've seen these videos where people have accidents and are killed by police, but they always start with someone not being polite and cooperative with police. If an officer is trying to detain you, why fight it? Why be rude?
Oops. I was just asking 'why fight it'. Ferno corrected for the 6th time? I guess that means you were the one twisting thing around.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

And you've already been told, by me, by tunnelcat, and by others that police are known to escalate the situation. when there's no probable cause. You've been given video evidence of this. Refusing to understand or even acknowledge it makes you look obtuse.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:06 pm And you've already been told, by me, by tunnelcat, and by others that police are known to escalate the situation. when there's no probable cause.
I agree with that completely, though. You see the problem right? That's not arguing against the benefit of being polite to a police officer, which was my only point. Ferno, I love the fight in you. Please never change. ❤️