Evil

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Evil

Post by woodchip »

While you sit here and only worry if your pro-nouns are correct, evil has once again reared it's malevolent ugly head in the middle east.
Hamas with the backing of Iran, proceeded to slaughter Israeli citizens only because they are Jewish. I sincerely hope Flabby Chick escaped the carnage. I suspect some here applaud Hams and blame Israel. I can only pity you if you think killing the elderly and young simply because of their religion is ok. I do blame the Israeli intelligence for missing the organization and stocking of material by Hamas prior to the attacks launch, as I do blame the US military for not picking up on this. So now we have a 2nd war front while Biden is in charge. Hope you vote for this moron in 24 as then you deserve whatever happens.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Evil

Post by Top Gun »

Are you not capable of making even a single thread about an awful event without turning it into some gross bait?

Don't bother answering that, because we all know you aren't.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So you'd rather turn a blind eye and not discuss a world impacting event?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Hypocrite. How many LGBTQ+ and other minorities die as a result from the ★■◆● the right wing/christian conservatives do to them? How is your hatred and persecution of them any different from Hamas's hatred and persecution of Jews?

Also, the rest of us can in fact care about pronouns and terrorist attacks in Israel at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I was waiting for the inevitable woodchip post about this and I wasn't disappointed. Yes, this will mess up the world for a long time. Yes, Hamas and Iran are behind it. Frankly, I hope the Israelis kill as many terrorists as possible. But what do you want to do about it? Nuke Iran? I'm sure the Israelis would love to. Trump pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal and nothing's been put in it's place to monitor that regime, either by Trump or Biden. If Trump was such a great deal maker, why didn't he make a new one? Instead, he wussed out, and was even contemplating the U.S. going to war instead. Hell, your party can't even help the Ukranians fight Russia you chickenshits. Trump even discussed a US/Iran War with people who didn't have the security clearance to even hear about it. Blabbermouth braggart. Oh, and the jackass blabbed about our nuclear subs secrets to an Australian billionaire, who blabbed the info to at least 87 other people. Your fav pres., woodchip. :roll:

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/06/trump ... -document/

But don't come here complaining when the extreme part of YOUR nutty party is full of antisemites and Nazis actually celebrating Hamas' attack online. Your party can't even get it's act together and elect a speaker to deal with this new situation either. Losers.

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/hama ... ies-online

And the left is culpable too. For too long they've sat by while Israel bottled up the Palestinians in Gaza, like so much trash to be hidden away, creating the mess that just blew up in everyone's faces on Saturday. Now, Biden's precious little diplomatic talks trying to get the Saudis to recognize Israel is probably stalled or dead on arrival. Poor baby. When people hate each other as much as the Israelis and Palestinians, there's no way to stop the violence. Maybe you would like to see all the Palestinians shipped off to Iran, vacating Gaza? I'd love to see you try it.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom, you should've posted this. Uganda now has the death penalty for being gay and having consensual sex. It couldn't have passed without the help of American Evangelical Christian groups s championing it either. Hypocrite squared woody.

https://www.insider.com/us-christian-va ... ica-2023-6
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Can't they just use their Jewish Space Lasers to kill em all? I'm sure the United States won't accidentally get dragged in sending the Gerald Ford Air Carrier Group. Good times (we're all going to die)
Imageopen gas near me
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:47 pm So you'd rather turn a blind eye and not discuss a world impacting event?
I'd rather discuss it in a thread not created by a disingenuous piece of ★■◆●, thank you.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:55 pmSo now we have a 2nd war front while Biden is in charge. Hope you vote for this moron in 24 as then you deserve whatever happens.
Neither of these conflicts are our problem and don't involve us directly so I don't care. And I was just saying to my friend today how I can't wait to vote for Biden (and get it over with).
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Duck
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Humanity is so overrated.

Sooner it goes extinct the better.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:37 pm
woodchip wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:47 pm So you'd rather turn a blind eye and not discuss a world impacting event?
I'd rather discuss it in a thread not created by a disingenuous piece of ★■◆●, thank you.
Yet I waited 3 days after it happened to make a post, so why didn't a scared rabbit like you make a post. You wait for me to post so you then have someone to call names...typical

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:55 pm Krom, you should've posted this. Uganda now has the death penalty for being gay and having consensual sex. It couldn't have passed without the help of American Evangelical Christian groups s championing it either. Hypocrite squared woody.

https://www.insider.com/us-christian-va ... ica-2023-6
Aw TC, American Christian groups didn't help write the bill up and then vote on it, Christians Ugandan's did. And if you want to talk about gay rights in foreign countries, start your own thread.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:19 pm Hypocrite. How many LGBTQ+ and other minorities die as a result from the ★■◆● the right wing/christian conservatives do to them? How is your hatred and persecution of them any different from Hamas's hatred and persecution of Jews?
You're confused Krom, I don't hate queers or any minority. I don't go around killing them like Hamas did the Jews:
“It’s not a war, it’s not a battlefield. You see the babies, the mother, the father, in their bedrooms, in their protection rooms, and how the terrorists killed them,” IDF Major General Itai Veruv said. “It’s a massacre.”
I suspect you'll kill conservatives and anybody wearing a MAGA hat given the ok by your leftist masters.Here's a link about Hamas attacking a concert:
https://nypost.com/2023/10/08/horrifyin ... -festival/

So trying to equate right wing actions against lgbto and minorities with Hamas shows what a mentally tortured individual you really are.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:50 amAw TC, American Christian groups didn't help write the bill up and then vote on it, Christians Ugandan's did. And if you want to talk about gay rights in foreign countries, start your own thread.
Hate is hate, no matter how it's implemented. Those "Christians" were there pushing their "values". It didn't matter to them that "their values" gave a state the license to kill. They're complicit in state sponsored murder. Not exactly what their prophet preached is it? They don't follow Jesus, they follow hate. Hate just like Hamas, Hezbolla and the Israelis.

Same with you. You sit there and whine about the poor Israeli women and children caught up in all this violence, yet you say nothing about all the Palestinian women and children being killed during Israel's retribution. A lot of Palestinians don't even like or support Hamas. You're probably cheering it on too, forgetting that no one wins in this "war". It's a war driven by hate on both sides. Everyone who's a civilian is on the losing end of things and nothing will be solved. Wash, rinse, repeat over and over. I agree with Spidey, humanity sucks.

And don't come here bitching about how Biden's handling it. Your party and it's leaders can't even work together, let alone with the opposition. They can't even pick a leader who's not a vile nutcase. They hate the Dems as part of their damn platform too. You know, like Hamas and and the Israelis?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 amI suspect you'll kill conservatives and anybody wearing a MAGA hat given the ok by your leftist masters.
The leftist masters who advocate for workers right and free health care for MAGA hat wearing citizens also wants to exterminate them? I am confused...(or maybe you are).
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Can you make a single post without showing your Biden Derangement Syndrome?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:44 pm
woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 amI suspect you'll kill conservatives and anybody wearing a MAGA hat given the ok by your leftist masters.
The leftist masters who advocate for workers right and free health care for MAGA hat wearing citizens also wants to exterminate them? I am confused...(or maybe you are).
[/quote
Not confused but maybe you don't remember China's Cultural Revolution where millions were killed:
https://www.sciencespo.fr/mass-violence ... -1976.html
And now you have Dear Hillary suggesting the same thing:
"Hillary Clinton said Thursday on CNN’s “Primetime” she believed there needed to be a “formal deprogramming of the cult members” who support former President Donald Trump."
https://www.worldtribune.com/hillary-cl ... t-members/
So once you start sending people off to re-education camps, how long before the leftist will think it will just be ok to kill them? and you should learn to differentiate between leftist and liberals.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:38 am
woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:50 amAw TC, American Christian groups didn't help write the bill up and then vote on it, Christians Ugandan's did. And if you want to talk about gay rights in foreign countries, start your own thread.
Hate is hate, no matter how it's implemented. Those "Christians" were there pushing their "values". It didn't matter to them that "their values" gave a state the license to kill. They're complicit in state sponsored murder. Not exactly what their prophet preached is it? They don't follow Jesus, they follow hate. Hate just like Hamas, Hezbolla and the Israelis.

Same with you. You sit there and whine about the poor Israeli women and children caught up in all this violence, yet you say nothing about all the Palestinian women and children being killed during Israel's retribution. A lot of Palestinians don't even like or support Hamas. You're probably cheering it on too, forgetting that no one wins in this "war". It's a war driven by hate on both sides. Everyone who's a civilian is on the losing end of things and nothing will be solved. Wash, rinse, repeat over and over. I agree with Spidey, humanity sucks.

And don't come here bitching about how Biden's handling it. Your party and it's leaders can't even work together, let alone with the opposition. They can't even pick a leader who's not a vile nutcase. They hate the Dems as part of their damn platform too. You know, like Hamas and and the Israelis?
When you attack and murder the innocent civilians, behave like the animals you are, don't expect any sympathy for the aggressors civilians. Not any more than there was for the civilians in London, Dresden or Nakasaki. You want to play the bleeding heart liberal, that's your prerogative. I at least feel sorry as to what will happen to civilians on both sides.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Another aspect I been hearing about is the worry that Hezbollah may get involved with their 100,000 missile stockpile and open a 2 front war on Israel. I don't think they will as Israel has about 100 nukes in it's arsenal. Faced with being wiped off the map, what do think the Jews will do? I think Hezbollah knows this as does Iran but time will tell.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:40 am Yet I waited 3 days after it happened to make a post, so why didn't a scared rabbit like you make a post. You wait for me to post so you then have someone to call names...typical
Why would I bother making a thread here? So you could come along and ★■◆● all over it?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 am You're confused Krom, I don't hate queers or any minority. I don't go around killing them like Hamas did the Jews:
We can hardly go a week in America without some right winger shooting up a gay bar or similar LGBTQ+ friendly establishment or even just anywhere in a minority dominated area. You literally opened this topic with a disparaging comment directed towards LGBTQ+ people. The right wing media silo is a direct line to extremism, which is a direct line to domestic terrorism, which is exactly the same kind of ★■◆● that Hamas is doing. You think just because you aren't there pulling the trigger that its different? You feed the monster and eventually it will eat you too.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:34 pm
When you attack and murder the innocent civilians, behave like the animals you are, don't expect any sympathy for the aggressors civilians. Not any more than there was for the civilians in London, Dresden or Nakasaki. You want to play the bleeding heart liberal, that's your prerogative. I at least feel sorry as to what will happen to civilians on both sides.
Do you know how to read? I'm not a liberal. I guess anyone centrist is now a bleeding heart liberal in your book. I made a comment about Netanyahu's retaliation being indiscriminate towards Palestinian civilians. So that makes me a bleeding heart liberal, because you think I have some sympathy for Palestinian families? You're an ass. Palestinian women and children are not Hamas. They took no part in this terrorist act. But they're certainly innocents being killed in revenge, so quit putting words in my mouth. By lobbing missiles into Gaza and killing civilians, Netanyahu's no better than Hamas. He's out for revenge, plain and simple. I'm sorry you're deluded enough to think having feelings for the deaths all innocents is a bad trait. In my book, killing women and children on either side in any conflict is evil, plain and simple. If you think I feel no sorrow for every Israelite murdered, you're just as evil and heartless as Hamas and yes, Netanyahu. Kill Hamas militants, I'm all for it since they're scum, not women and children stuck in the middle.

If fact, I'm willing to bet Mossad KNEW all about Hamas' plans. They are one of the best intelligence agencies in the world and to miss this one is really out of character. Hamas had to practice in large groups in the open all over Gaza and the West Bank. Mossad couldn't have missed it. They have access to our own damn satellites and intelligence and use them. So either they were incompetent, blind or knew what was going to happen and LET it happen. Netanyahu has been itching for an excuse to invade Gaza and wipe it clean. Well, now he's got it. He's an ultraconservative warmonger just evil enough himself to let this happen. His judicial reform desires caused civil unrest and probably contributed to this whole disaster. Why that corrupt felonious jackass was re-elected is beyond me. Another right winger throws a country into turmoil for personal gratification. We're next.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hamas-s ... 23-10?op=1
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:06 pm
woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:40 am Yet I waited 3 days after it happened to make a post, so why didn't a scared rabbit like you make a post. You wait for me to post so you then have someone to call names...typical
Why would I bother making a thread here? So you could come along and ★■◆● all over it?
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. Bene Gesserit
Feel sorry for you man.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:09 pm
woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 am You're confused Krom, I don't hate queers or any minority. I don't go around killing them like Hamas did the Jews:
We can hardly go a week in America without some right winger shooting up a gay bar or similar LGBTQ+ friendly establishment or even just anywhere in a minority dominated area. You literally opened this topic with a disparaging comment directed towards LGBTQ+ people. The right wing media silo is a direct line to extremism, which is a direct line to domestic terrorism, which is exactly the same kind of ★■◆● that Hamas is doing. You think just because you aren't there pulling the trigger that its different? You feed the monster and eventually it will eat you too.
So show me where these weekly shootings in gay bars are happening. As to shootings in minority ares...I think you'll find black on black crime is the majority of the cases. A lot of people say just enforce existing gun laws will go a long way to reducing it.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:09 pm
woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Do you know how to read? I'm not a liberal. I guess anyone centrist is now a bleeding heart liberal in your book. I made a comment about Netanyahu's retaliation being indiscriminate towards Palestinian civilians. So that makes me a bleeding heart liberal, because you think I have some sympathy for Palestinian families? You're an ass. Palestinian women and children are not Hamas. They took no part in this terrorist act. But they're certainly innocents being killed in revenge, so quit putting words in my mouth. By lobbing missiles into Gaza and killing civilians, Netanyahu's no better than Hamas. He's out for revenge, plain and simple. I'm sorry you're deluded enough to think having feelings for the deaths all innocents is a bad trait. In my book, killing women and children on either side in any conflict is evil, plain and simple. If you think I feel no sorrow for every Israelite murdered, you're just as evil and heartless as Hamas and yes, Netanyahu. Kill Hamas militants, I'm all for it since they're scum, not women and children stuck in the middle.
Sadly TC you overlook two things First Hamas was voted into power by these same civilians. Second Hamas uses civilians as shield. Do I feel bad that innocents wind up paying the price...yes I do. Still, Israel suffered a barbaric and murderous attack and the people who ordered it are hiding behind the skirts of women and little kids. The Jews have no choice.
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:09 pm
If fact, I'm willing to bet Mossad KNEW all about Hamas' plans. They are one of the best intelligence agencies in the world and to miss this one is really out of character. Hamas had to practice in large groups in the open all over Gaza and the West Bank. Mossad couldn't have missed it. They have access to our own damn satellites and intelligence and use them. So either they were incompetent, blind or knew what was going to happen and LET it happen. Netanyahu has been itching for an excuse to invade Gaza and wipe it clean. Well, now he's got it. He's an ultraconservative warmonger just evil enough himself to let this happen. His judicial reform desires caused civil unrest and probably contributed to this whole disaster. Why that corrupt felonious jackass was re-elected is beyond me. Another right winger throws a country into turmoil for personal gratification. We're next.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hamas-s ... 23-10?op=1
I can only suggest you stop reading spy novels. Yes Mossad missed it as did the US intelligence services. The question is why. I'll wait for a more substantive report . I trust you will too.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And for those of you who were brainwashed into thinking Islam is a religion of peace note the following verse:

Judgment Day will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Jews will hide behind the rocks and the trees, but the rocks and the trees will say: Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am And for those of you who were brainwashed into thinking Islam is a religion of peace note the following verse:

Judgment Day will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Jews will hide behind the rocks and the trees, but the rocks and the trees will say: Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him
Do I really need to quote every single barbaric thing in the Bible? Let's start with the entirety of Numbers 31.

Of course you'll make excuses for why it's not so bad, but then Muslims will do the same thing. Everyone defends the awful stuff their religion says. Besides, don't Christians believe that Jews deserve to burn in Hell for rejecting Christ?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

No one here is brainwashed. Both Christianity and Islam has its share of violence.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

TigerRaptor wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:41 am No one here is brainwashed. Both Christianity and Islam has its share of violence.
The majority of Muslims, Christians, and Jews are good people. But religious extremists will always use their religion to justify violence.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I fixed your post for you woody. :roll:

You have to be the most unsophisticated person on this board. You're just like your MAGA compatriots, react to lies and promote violence to get your way without stepping back to see the entire picture and THINK for once. ★■◆● the details, lets kick some ass and take names later. This is how WAR starts and innocent people die. In fact, IMO, MAGA and all the armed and unregulated militia Nazi antisemitic bastards that back their ideals should be labeled terrorist organizations (some of them are BTW). They're armed to the teeth, promote violence towards a duly elected government they don't like and were willing to try to violently unseat a democratically elected president by invading and trashing the Capital and threatening to hang the VP and perhaps kill the Speaker of the Senate. The right calls them "patriots". The left calls them "terrorists". The left is closer to the truth. So you, your party and Hamas are essentially favored sons and in good company. You get want you want by any means possible, even if it's illegal and uses violence as a means to it's ends. You know, Netanyahu and Trump are 2 peas in a pod. They're both criminals and under investigation for corruption. They're both ultra right wing conservatives with delusions of autocracy. They're both willing to manipulate the judiciary to protect themselves and their power and of course resort to violence when that doesn't work. The one thing that's different between these 2 assholes is that Netanyahu is smart and devious and loves his country. Trump is a self-serving egomaniac idiot who's only out for power and to enrich himself, not his country. His country is power, glory and money. So to that end, I believe Netanyahu KNEW what was coming and let it happen for his own sick purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_ ... _Netanyahu

Yes, Hamas was voted in by the Palestinians in 2006. Since then, like all groups that seek power, they've decided to rule by fiat with an iron fist and now Palestinians are deeply divided over who should run things. So do those who don't like Hamas have to pay the the ultimate price, death and destruction, for the decisions of their Muslim fanatics? Remember, a lot of Palestinians are Christians, not Muslim, and Hamas is an Islamic organization. Meanwhile, on the other side of this conflict, the Israelis made their beds, voted back in a known corrupt ultra right winger who wants WAR and a total takeover of the entire Holy Land. So, to that aim, Netanyahu keeps illegally pushing Palestinians off THEIR land in the West Bank, all so Jewish settlers can take over and claim the land. The reaction from Hamas was inevitable. Wouldn't it piss YOU off someone decided they wanted your land and kicked you off? That's a commie thing to do too, so yeah, I'm guessing it would piss you off and you'd take extreme exception. Until people quit screwing each other over by trying to totally take over the Holy Land for themselves and their religion, the violence will not stop. I don't blame the Jews for wanting that. They endured mass genocide during WWII at the hands of the Nazis, so yeah, they can defend themselves as much as it takes and I support our country supporting them. But they need to be prepared to lose a lot of people to violence to attain a total Jewish State, because others also claim that land they're forcefully evicting people from and settling on and they're willing to fight dirty.

https://www.vox.com/politics/2023/10/10 ... -explainer
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

As repugnant as it is that some in this country are protesting in support of the Palestinian fight, New York counter protests (Democratic Socialists of America) in support of the Palestinians and certainly not me woody, I think a more dangerous type of right wing fear propaganda is now using the actions of these nutcases as fodder against the mainstream left. Just as the ultra right is antisemitic to it's core and supports Nazism and Fascism, which woody seems in constant denial about, most conservatives are not in that camp. Neither do most liberals in this country support these far left nutcases in the Democratic Socialist Party. They do not represent the average mainstream liberal. But, those on the far right are trying to equate anyone who's a Democrat as a nutty socialist out to take your freedoms and guns away. They believe the time has come for a fight. 2024 will be a call to arms.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:04 am So show me where these weekly shootings in gay bars are happening. As to shootings in minority ares...I think you'll find black on black crime is the majority of the cases. A lot of people say just enforce existing gun laws will go a long way to reducing it.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/rise-anti-lgb ... =100304706
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:25 pm...you should learn to differentiate between leftist and liberals.
I'm pretty sure you just use these words interchangeably as it suits your narrative. Well, not your narrative, you don't have the capacity for free thought, you only regurgitate propaganda.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I know this thread has become a Woodchip-is-a-psycho-prick-pile-on thread but this situation is legitimately scaring me. Between the Muslim extremists like basically engaging the IDF just to get to unarmed civilians for slaughter and Israel just erasing blocks and blocks of apartment buildings whilst cutting off water, electricity and food I’m dumbfounded. It’s really mind blown type ★■◆●.

This in concert with Ukraine and who knows if China will use this window to make moves? I don’t remember things being this hairy. Why would they pick this time to sneak attack unless there was another trick up their sleeve? Is there more coming? Dirty bombs?

I’m freaked out because things are NOT stable, not by Woody busting balls. :|
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Yeah, there is a non-zero chance we are in the opening salvos of world war 3. Or at least that is one of the probable goals of the Hamas attack.

Like it isn't hard to draw lines connecting Hamas with Iran with Russia with China with North Korea. If they want to kick off WW3 all they need to do at this point is take a shot at NATO or Taiwan and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to snowball from there.

One can't expect any of these aging authoritarians to be rational actors, so avoiding WW3 is pretty much entirely down to how much restraint we can manage.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's not helping that in this country, the 2 main political factions can't stand each other or work together to fix things. If we can't come together for a common goal, the preservation of our and other democracies around the world, the end will be nasty for humanity. I don't think most people realize just how bad this war going to get, or spread. Hate has a way of spreading like a gasoline fed fire. I think humans even enjoy hating each other just for the sick entertainment. Revenge is part of that entertainment. We're seriously fucked.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/business- ... rael-email

This kind of emotional wannabe political trailblazer shortsighted idiot ★■◆● is just unbelievable to me. How you could throw away a prestigious job offer like this right out of the gates is amazing. I don’t just mean money (although seriously), I mean the amount of influence and good you could do for your people in Chicago and nationally. What a fuckin idiot.

I’m a janky run on sentence “writer” that can kind of communicate my thoughts at times - this person is a lawyer - your grasp of written communication is paramount to your vocation and you can’t claim misunderstanding.

You could have done so much for the long term plight of Palestinians for real and you pissed it away for shock value. I have no respect for this garbage, no one does except a sliver of twitter addicts with 14 personas that don’t live in reality.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Help me out with this thought. I keep hearing protestors chanting "Free Palestine." Laudable except weren't they offered statehood, most notably at Camp David when Clinton was POTUS, and Yasser Arafat turned it down (to the surprise of many). This is not the only time statehood was offered. So what do the protestors mean when they chant "Free Palestine" if they don't want to be a independent state.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Probably because the Palestinians want East Jerusalem as their new state's capital and Israel flatly rejects that. It hasn't helped relations that Trump came out in 2017 and officially recongnized Jerusalem as Israel's capital via presidential proclamation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... _of_Israel