Truth is the first casualty

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Truth is the first casualty

Post by woodchip »

Much like the left and their mantra of "Repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it", Hamas is trying to lie their way out of bombing their own hospital by saying Israel is to blame. I wonder how many here believe that nonsense.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Truth is the first casualty

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:I wonder how many here believe that nonsense.
I'm glad you survived the day of terror.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Thanks for the laugh clown.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Does it matter at this point? Personally, I think it was Hamas who lobbed a failed rocket. But everyone in the Middle East who's not a Jew or an American, believes it was an Israeli air strike and that both Israel and the U.S. are evil civilian killers. Violent protests are breaking out in many Middle Eastern countries. It's a no win senario by now.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

That's a very shiny mirror you have there.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Hamas shoots a hospital and says Israel did it. Anyone who believes a terrorist group over a US ally literally has a sheep brain...

At least we can say, "remember that time Ferno was pro-Hamas"
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

★■◆●, some of you guys are hilarious.

I point out that israel was literally caught posting propaganda, and you guys simply ignore it.

Issac, how about you go ahead and tell everyone how I'm pro-hamas after I posted that image. Let's see you go into great detail. Go nuts. We'll wait.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:50 am ★■◆●, some of you guys are hilarious.

I point out that israel was literally caught posting propaganda, and you guys simply ignore it.

Issac, how about you go ahead and tell everyone how I'm pro-hamas after I posted that image. Let's see you go into great detail. Go nuts. We'll wait.
Just FYI, my post was simply to call out woody for being a hypocrite, and I don't actually have a stance on whether it was Israel or Hamas that bombed that hospital. I think they are both equally bad and either one could have done it.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It was probably the Russians...they love to bomb hospitals.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:50 am ★■◆●, some of you guys are hilarious.

I point out that israel was literally caught posting propaganda, and you guys simply ignore it. ..
I must have missed something. You posted a copy of a post of an incident where someone deleted a post saying Israel hit the hospital.
Ok, what context? Did it get deleted after that person saw the video of the rocket appearing to come from Gaza? After the audio of Hamas operators talking to each other saying it wasn't Israeli? If so then maybe the removal of that post wasn't to cover up an admission of guilt but rather to correct they got it wrong to say Israel hit the hospital.

Did you post something I missed that can show why that post was taken down?

Also, you posted something that says the video is fake. Can you share the evidence that it is fake? Or did you post that and I missed it?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

The information war is real. Propaganda works. Maybe don't rush to spread what is likely bullsh!t as fast as you can. Nobody will think less of you if you wait a day or two to discuss something with facts that are more fleshed out.

Anyways, my hot take is that it's not absurd to believe Israel would bomb a hospital. I mean, didn't they just warn hospitals to evacuate?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So it get weirder, Biden gives 100 million in aid to the Palestinian people (read Hamas) with the caveat :

“If Hamas diverts or steals the assistance, they will have demonstrated once again that they have no concern for the welfare of the Palestinian people, and it will end as a practical matter,” Biden said. “It will stop the international community from being able to provide this aid.”
Yeah, Hamas won't divert it because the guy you voted in has already forgot what he said. And I see what people here will believe what ever CNN tells them to .
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:the Palestinian people (read Hamas)
Brilliant analysis as always, woodchip.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:50 am 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑? 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑!!!!! 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑!?!??!?!?!? 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
You trust Hamas' claim that Israel bombed a hospital rather than trusting an ally.

Let me make this simple: Israel isn't perfect but they're better than terrorists.
Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:50 am 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑!!!!!
Hey hey hey, watch your language.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:38 am So it get weirder, Biden gives 100 million in aid to the Palestinian people (read Hamas) with the caveat :

“If Hamas diverts or steals the assistance, they will have demonstrated once again that they have no concern for the welfare of the Palestinian people, and it will end as a practical matter,” Biden said. “It will stop the international community from being able to provide this aid.”
Yeah, Hamas won't divert it because the guy you voted in has already forgot what he said. And I see what people here will believe what ever CNN tells them to .
So you blame all Palestinians for electing Hamas. How shallow can you get? Millions of people, families, women and children, cooped up in one of the world's largest and most miserable walled off prisons and you want them all to starve? Typical. This is not bleeding heart liberal speaking. This is a human being speaking. However, whatever dislike many of them previously had for Hamas, is now directed at Israel thanks to their heavy handed military response and the much larger numbers of Palestinian dead. Plus, are you going blame Netanyahu for the lack of foresight and the massive intelligence failures for missing these horrific attacks in the first place? Probably not, since he's a far right warmonger close to your heart. But a LOT of Israelis are NOT happy with Netanyahu right now and blame him for ★■◆●ing up. WE even told the Israelis that Hamas was up to something. I still think he KNEW beforehand, because like most power hungry men, a leader who was in political trouble at home too, believed war would unite the country behind him. Not this time.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 023-10-17/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:19 am
woodchip wrote:the Palestinian people (read Hamas)
Brilliant analysis as always, woodchip.
Who would be the recipient of the money...the "people" or Hamas Mr astute.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

One would hope that aid and humanitarian agencies would get the money and use it to feed and house people. In practice, who knows?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:58 pm
woodchip wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:38 am So it get weirder, Biden gives 100 million in aid to the Palestinian people (read Hamas) with the caveat :

So you blame all Palestinians for electing Hamas. How shallow can you get? Millions of people, families, women and children, cooped up in one of the world's largest and most miserable walled off prisons and you want them all to starve? Typical. This is not bleeding heart liberal speaking. This is a human being speaking. However, whatever dislike many of them previously had for Hamas, is now directed at Israel thanks to their heavy handed military response and the much larger numbers of Palestinian dead. Plus, are you going blame Netanyahu for the lack of foresight and the massive intelligence failures for missing these horrific attacks in the first place? Probably not, since he's a far right warmonger close to your heart. But a LOT of Israelis are NOT happy with Netanyahu right now and blame him for ★■◆●ing up. WE even told the Israelis that Hamas was up to something. I still think he KNEW beforehand, because like most power hungry men, a leader who was in political trouble at home too, believed war would unite the country behind him. Not this time.

First I asked the question, "how did the Israeli's miss this and the US". Of course you missed that. Then you should read a history of Gaza:
https://www.britannica.com/place/Gaza-Strip/Blockade
And then consider why Egypt and Jordan don't want the Palestinian's . After all the attacks by Hamas, can you blame the Israeli's for wanting to wipe the strip clean? And by not doing a proper cleansing, Netanyahu is certainly not enhancing his career. Posturing that you will do some cleansing and then don't , won't get you re-elected

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Isaac wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:54 am
You trust Hamas' claim that Israel bombed a hospital rather than trusting an ally.

Let me make this simple: Israel isn't perfect but they're better than terrorists.
Jackson Hinkle isn't Hamas. If you read the image (and it's clear you hadn't) you would see "Isreal deleted fake video." Learn to ★■◆●ing read.
Darth Wang wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:14 am
Just FYI, my post was simply to call out woody for being a hypocrite, and I don't actually have a stance on whether it was Israel or Hamas that bombed that hospital. I think they are both equally bad and either one could have done it.
Wasn't talking about you, man. If I was, I would have mentioned you specifically. And yes, he is. Always has been.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:28 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:58 pm

First I asked the question, "how did the Israeli's miss this and the US". Of course you missed that. Then you should read a history of Gaza:
And then consider why Egypt and Jordan don't want the Palestinian's . After all the attacks by Hamas, can you blame the Israeli's for wanting to wipe the strip clean? And by not doing a proper cleansing, Netanyahu is certainly not enhancing his career. Posturing that you will do some cleansing and then don't , won't get you re-elected
I certainly can blame anyone who wants to 'wipe clean' an area inhabited by 2 million people. :huh:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:28 pm First I asked the question, "how did the Israeli's miss this and the US". Of course you missed that. Then you should read a history of Gaza:
Do you realize what you just said? The targeting, "cleansing" and "wipe the strip clean" of the Palestinians because they are a threat to another country and thus undesirable? Never mind that it's their land too. Did you just forget the reasons for the Jewish Holocaust occuring and now wish to visit that same fate on a whole other population of people all because they're tired of living in a prison? Are you a Nazi sympathizer? Holy crap. :o

As for forewarning:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... fairs-gaza

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/politics ... index.html
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno, I don't know what the relevance is of the photo. It's the consensus of the the US and its allies that Hamas terrorists botched a rocket attack and bombed the hospital. I feel weird not adding an insult to the end of this, but I honestly don't think you really believe Hamas are heroes. If I'm wrong about how you feel about Hamas then I don't know what to say to you that would be civil.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:08 pm
woodchip wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:28 pm First I asked the question, "how did the Israeli's miss this and the US". Of course you missed that. Then you should read a history of Gaza:
Do you realize what you just said? The targeting, "cleansing" and "wipe the strip clean" of the Palestinians because they are a threat to another country and thus undesirable? Never mind that it's their land too. Did you just forget the reasons for the Jewish Holocaust occuring and now wish to visit that same fate on a whole other population of people all because they're tired of living in a prison? Are you a Nazi sympathizer? Holy crap. :o

As for forewarning:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... fairs-gaza

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/politics ... index.html
You do remember the Jews gave the Palestinian's fair warning. Did Hamas give fair warning to the Jews? Did the Jews force the-Palestinians not to leave or did Hamas. As it looks The Jews are not going to cleanse, so we can expect this again 10 years from now.

Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

The people on the news in “Israel” or wherever they all look like they’re acting to me.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Isaac wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:06 pm Ferno, I don't know what the relevance is of the photo. It's the consensus of the the US and its allies that Hamas terrorists botched a rocket attack and bombed the hospital. I feel weird not adding an insult to the end of this, but I honestly don't think you really believe Hamas are heroes. If I'm wrong about how you feel about Hamas then I don't know what to say to you that would be civil.
Translation: "I don't like what it says because it doesn't agree with the propaganda I read so I'll dodge it!"

Also, yes. You're wrong about how I feel about hamas.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:33 pm
Also, yes. You're wrong about how I feel about hamas.

You think Hamas are heroes? You're just a piece of ★■◆● scumbag with no redeeming qualities.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:As it looks The Jews are not going to cleanse, so we can expect this again 10 years from now.
Yeah, too bad they aren't going for the final solution.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:43 am
woodchip wrote:As it looks The Jews are not going to cleanse, so we can expect this again 10 years from now.
Yeah, too bad they aren't going for the final solution.
Too bad the Jews hadn't attacked the Nazis to earn their enmity. Now Hamas attacks the jews and you feel sorry for Hamas. Brilliant.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

woodchip wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:34 am
Now Hamas attacks the jews and you feel sorry for Hamas. Brilliant.
Is it Tiktok brainwashing people that are making people pro-terrorist? I don't understand why there's so much pro-terrorist/pro-Hamas ★■◆● online. If people are getting brainwashed by a Tiktok video, the earth has no future....
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I'm pro-terrorist because I object to genocide? There's some real 9/11 brain worms going around these days.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

★■◆●ing seriously. God forbid anyone acknowledge that this is a far more nuanced issue than RAWR PALESTINIANS BAD.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Vander wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:56 pm I'm pro-terrorist because I object to genocide? There's some real 9/11 brain worms going around these days.
I have no idea what you've said before on this, but what I see others doing is ONLY being mad at Israel, completely ignoring who instigated this round of retaliations, Hamas.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I have not seen anyone here doing anything like that.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:01 pm I have not seen anyone here doing anything like that.
I see it every day on social media, unfortunately.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Isaac wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:14 pm
Top Gun wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:01 pm I have not seen anyone here doing anything like that.

Woody here is literally advocating for Israel to launch an all-out scorched earth campaign against the Gaza strip, 'wiping it clean' of all 2 million people who live there. Saying that's a bad idea isn't supporting Hamas. :roll:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pmYou do remember the Jews gave the Palestinian's fair warning. Did Hamas give fair warning to the Jews? Did the Jews force the-Palestinians not to leave or did Hamas. As it looks The Jews are not going to cleanse, so we can expect this again 10 years from now.
OK, where do you expect the Palestinians to go? Flee into the ocean? No country wants them. We don't want them. Europe doesn't want them. None of the surrounding countries wants them. Personally, since Iran has been fighting Israel using Hamas as terrorist proxies, THEY should take them as a gesture of goodwill since they're creating the problem by exporting terrorism and just accept that Israel has a right to exist, the U.S. Will protect them and live with it. It's either that or constant war and genocide. Of course, the harder and more peaceful choice is never picked.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:22 pm
Isaac wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:14 pm

Woody here is literally advocating for Israel to launch an all-out scorched earth campaign against the Gaza strip, 'wiping it clean' of all 2 million people who live there. Saying that's a bad idea isn't supporting Hamas. :roll:
Yeah, that would be bad and also exactly what Hamas would want Israel to try.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:44 pm OK, where do you expect the Palestinians to go? Flee into the ocean? No country wants them. We don't want them. Europe doesn't want them. None of the surrounding countries wants them. Personally, since Iran has been fighting Israel using Hamas as terrorist proxies, THEY should take them as a gesture of goodwill since they're creating the problem by exporting terrorism and just accept that Israel has a right to exist, the U.S. Will protect them and live with it. It's either that or constant war and genocide. Of course, the harder and more peaceful choice is never picked.
Except the Iranian leadership also hates the Palestinians, just not as much as they hate the Jews. Lets say they were actually successful and Israel was eliminated or the entire Jewish population packed up and moved to America or something like that. The middle east would not welcome in an era of peace, they would immediately start killing each other fighting over what Israel left behind and or whatever other differences they have.

The whole place is a den of genocidal monsters, it really isn't that surprising to me that Israel has largely become pretty much a monster themselves. The famous Neitzsche quote very much applies: “The person who fights monsters should make sure that in the process, he does not become a monster himself. Because when you stare down at an abyss, the abyss stares back at you.”
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I agree 100%. Its been repeated throughout human history and we never learn. People with the best of motives and intentions invariably turn into the very enemy they're against. The "End's Justify the Means" is the usual outcome. Its almost as if humans LIKE war as a solution they seem to fall back on it so much through history. Revenge was never listed as a Seven Deadly Sin, but it really needs to be listed as number 8, but Wraith is close enough.

Meanwhile, the fury is ramping up against anyone or any institution who supports Palestinian civilians. To the Jews, ANY support for Palestinian civilians is support for Hamas and is outright antisemitism. They want their revenge as well and are using their pocketbooks as weapons.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wealthy ... 23-10?op=1