Syria tested chemical weapons in Darfur

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Syria tested chemical weapons in Darfur

Post by Dedman »

The following was found here.

BERLIN : Syria tested chemical weapons on civilians in Sudan's troubled western Darfur region in June and killed dozens of people.

The German daily Die Welt newspaper, in an advance release of its Wednesday edition, citing unnamed western security sources, said that injuries apparently caused by chemical arms were found on the bodies of the victims. . . .

Die Welt said the sources had indicated that the weapons tests were undertaken following a military exercise between Syria and Sudan.

Syrian officers were reported to have met in May with Sudanese military leaders in a Khartoum suburb to discuss the possibility of improving cooperation between their armies.

According to Die Welt, the Syrians had suggested close cooperation on developing chemical weapons, and it was proposed that the arms be tested on the rebel SPLA, the Sudan People's Liberation Army, in the south.

But given that the rebels were involved in peace talks, the newspaper continued, the Sudanese government proposed testing the arms on people in Darfur.

Could these be the missing Iraqi weapons we know he had but couldnâ??t verify destruction of? Comments?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Certainly a possibility.
Syria has always been such thorn in the side of humanity I can't understand how they have escaped the wrath of western justice all these years.
If you inventory their terrorist factions you will see they are an 'axis of evil' all on their own!
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I cannot verify the veracity of that report by searching legitimate news agencies. You got that off of a tabloid. Source questionable.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

No, it's not verifiable at this point. This is why I made no attempt to draw any conclusions from the report. It does raise some interesting questions though.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I also read that a few days ago. I think we have to wait on it. I can't believe in the current climate that they'd go and do such a thing, because if it was genuine i believe Israel would've taken preventative action allready. I live 5 klicks from Syria and ya'll know Israel's record for taking care of itself.

....but watch this space.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

my god. lets invade.
*links elbows and skips across Syria's border*

heh, seriously, that joke was so obvious i wonder if the story is nothing more than a setup for it.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I would think the U.N. would have serious issues with the inhumanity of that.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Anyone else notice roid has gone from funny-annoying just to plain old annoying? *shrug*
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Hes snapped again. Or maybe he forgot his happy pills.

Anway, I'd like to see some corroboration on this story before I make any judgements.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Likewise. When you hear something from one source only, it's kinda questionable.