Great news for those who loved Suprnova

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Great news for those who loved Suprnova

Post by STRESSTEST »

eXeem beta has been released to the public

http://www.exeem.com/
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BigSlideHimself »

When Suprnova was cancelled, so was my life. It was the only means I had to keep up with various TV shows, I hope exeem might repair a once shattered existence.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Just like KaZaA, eXeem is full of spyware (Cydoor). If you're going to use it, at least use eXeem Lite. /. story
Eagle132
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Eagle132 »

Any of you hear the radio interview with the one guy?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

<snip> can't post link to warez, against rules. bi-torrent hasn't been upodated in ages
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i still use bittorrent. search google for suprnova alternative
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

exeem is just a slightly more innovative kazzaa. Its aleady got bogus files floating about, and its got spyware along for the ride.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Kinda useless until more ppl get on there but whatever.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

The site seems a little slow (it won't load here).
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

this guy sums my feelings on exeem up quite nicely.
There has been tons and tons ... and tons of talk about eXeem being the new way to use peer to peer.

We at LokiTorrent completely agree. The premise of eXeem sounds quite nice. The unfortunate fact remains that the once great people at suprnova are not in control of this application. Many of suprnova's higher-ups have left the once-great site as a result of this fact.

Touted as the savior of peer-to-peer, eXeem ended up becoming nothing more than a new version of KaZaa, cydoor spyware included.

Early warning of this began when news came out of eXeem being closed-source, a world-known indicator that someone has become too greedy and any chance of it being 'for the community' are forfeit.

We sincerely wish the people at suprnova the best in future endeavors, but it is apparent that signing up with an 'unnammed corporation' was the undoing of what could have been the 'next best thing' in peer-to-peer community sharing.

We hope that, and will continue to work towards, peer-to-peer becoming a viable alternative for those not wishing to pay 90% of the profits made from their hard work and talent to the likes of the MPAA and RIAA to distribute their works. This is, after all, why peer-to-peer exists; the spead of information and creative works by those who wish to share them with the world, actually be able to share them without having to ask permission to do so from the money-hungry distributers hell-bent on making a mockery of the great concept of the internet.

In light of these facts, the new application eXeem has been banned from our site. This does not mean that we at LokiTorrent are not supportive of new forms of peer-to-peer, but simply that we don't wish our members to submit to spyware privacy invasion in order to simply share files.

Best wishes,

The LokiTorrent Staff
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i still use BT and a few sites ^^