Sailors Moon lesbian power.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Sailors Moon lesbian power.

Post by TigerRaptor »

Who would have thought a kids show has super powered lesbians heros. :P

http://www.animechains.net/showthread.php?threadid=2837
XSabre
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by XSabre »

I've known this and ive never watched it before. :P Theres also a "real life" version based off the anime that started airing last year too. I wonder if they made the real life actors act lesbian like in the anime.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

I like how that forum has more signature content than post content on every single page.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I suppose you could say it is just another method the gay left has to undermine impressionable young chitlins. :wink:
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hah i get it woody, it's because you DON'T think the left is gay, right?
you are a comedy pit of dispair full of mayonaise, cat hair, and those annoying tropical stinging trees.

anyway, i knew about this, i thought everyone did *shrug*
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

roid wrote:hah i get it woody, it's because you DON'T think the left is gay, right?
you are a comedy pit of dispair full of mayonaise, cat hair, and those annoying tropical stinging trees.

I absolutely hate sweeping generalizations like this, but I think it's reasonable to say that the gay-community-centric individuals in the gay community tend to support the left, not neccecarily because of their leftist politics, but because leftist parties tend to support gay-community-centric individuals.

I think the term "gay community" has come to mean the screaming, bitching and moaning faction of the gay population that gets all the press. Random homosexual? Can't hypothesise. Random homosexual who speaks out for (for instance) a couple pages on homosexuality in the grade 8 sex education curriculum (no comment)? Fairly likely to conform to the so-called gay community's statistical probability.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I thought it was generally understood that the whole show was gay.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

The word "gay" used to be such an evocative, yet subtle adjective. It's been phucked in arse so badly in the last twenty years or so. One can not possibly use it as was intended.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

roid wrote:hah i get it woody, it's because you DON'T think the left is gay, right?

Roidy...get a grip. :roll:
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

"Gay" used to be such a happy adjective. Lowsy homosexuals and their stinking Green And Yellow carnations. :x :x :x ::aceface:: ::aceface::
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

woodchip wrote:

Roidy...get a grip. :roll:
you started it :P
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Flabby Chick wrote:The word "gay" used to be such an evocative, yet subtle adjective. It's been phucked in arse so badly in the last twenty years or so. One can not possibly use it as was intended.
Please tell me that pun was intentional.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Jupiter was always my favorite. It's a good thing she isn't a lesbian.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Flabby Chick wrote:The word "gay" used to be such an evocative, yet subtle adjective. It's been phucked in arse so badly in the last twenty years or so. One can not possibly use it as was intended.
I find that fact amusing everytime I watch an older movie and someone gets called gay and acts like its no big deal. ;) Seriously though, who cares if they're lesbians or not? Its just a damn show FFS.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

XSabre wrote:I've known this and ive never watched it before. :P Theres also a "real life" version based off the anime that started airing last year too. I wonder if they made the real life actors act lesbian like in the anime.
I've seen a few episodes of the cartoon and regret ever watching it. But I'll make an exception on the live action show only if they are spinning around butt naked when they transform, and they got to be legal age. Well that sound perverted. :P :lol:
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

lil koneko wrote:O_O............no......way.....i thought they were cousins.....holy..... freak......i'll....never...watch...SM....the....same...again....0_0
Lmao :P
GehRehmee
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by GehRehmee »

I was always under the impression that this show was always intended for older audiences. Cartoons in Japan have long been more than just a kid's thing, but when they brought it over to the U.S., the networks decieded it had to be marketed at kids because it was a cartoon, and only kids watched cartoons. (Even today, shows like the Simpsons and Family guy are the exception rather than the rule, and appear to only be present in sitcom form).

Buffy the Vampire Slayer had lesbians in it, but it was more-or-less accepted because it was targetted at older-youth/young-adults.
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

If memory serves me correctly, I was told that the trasform phrase they used, translated from Japanese means "makeup". I never watched the show, but I believe that's what dad told me.

Fus
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

queer eye for the pantyline.