Star Wars OT DVD officially announced

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Neitzl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Star Wars OT DVD officially announced

Post by Neitzl »

It's the big DVD announcement you've all been waiting for: Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox have announced the DVD Release for Star Wars Trilogy DVD on September 21st. This special 4 disc box set will include the three "original' Star Wars movies (Star Wars IV: A New Hope, Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi) presented in THX Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby Digital-EX. Each film will be released in the 'Special Edition' version (including the changes made to the films for their theatrical re-release in 1997) and feature audio commentary by George Lucas and select members of the cast and crew. There will NOT be an option to view the films in their original theatrical version and the films will not be sold individually. In addition to the three features the box set will also feature a fourth disc including making-of documentaries and features for the 3 films as well as a 2 hour documentary including never-before-seen footage. Exact pricing for the set, specific disc extras and an official pre-order date to be announced in the weeks ahead

I'm picking it up, even if it isn't the Original Cut.
I think it's going to be about $50.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

We wuv you neitzy, thx for the heads up Image

I think I might pick that biznotch up eventually.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I am holding out for the 6 movie box set with all the bells ans whistles.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

$10 says LOTR uber box set outsells it by a landslide. Image
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Image~~~~~~~~~
T-Bone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by T-Bone »

I'm disappointed they are not going with the original version. Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway.
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

Neitzl, where ya been!? Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

How bout a source? Theforce.net mistakenly took a "wishlist" posted on a newsgroup and posted it as "fact" on their website....which is quite similar to what Neitzl posted here.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

thanx for the headsup, ive been waiting for something like this
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Wow, took them long enough...
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Guys, take this for a grain of salt. Lucas said it himself that were would be no DVD release for the original trilogy. Unless I see proof that he's changed his mind, I'm not believing a word of it.
Neitzl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Neitzl »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by MD-2389:
Guys, take this for a grain of salt. Lucas said it himself that were would be no DVD release for the original trilogy. Unless I see proof that he's changed his mind, I'm not believing a word of it.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you want to take it for a grain of salt? Maybe with a grain of salt though.

Lucas has said that he would never release the original theatrical release, not any of his SE's, so you've been either misinformed, or you didn't understand what was stated before. You won't be seeing Han Solo shooting first, and you will see Han stepping on Jabba's tail (ugh), and other crap like that.

As for a source, it comes from dvdtalk.com. Or go read it on thedigitalbits.com And where did they get their information from? Why directly from the Vice President and Distribution of Lucasfilm, Jim Ward.
sheesh.

Also, where have I been? Just around, just not around kali Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I stand corrected.

Neitzl, I was referring to this as being taken for a grain of salt, which is what I thought you were talking about.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

<font face="Arial" size="3">Just around, just not around kali<b> </font>
How is fatherhood!
Plebeian
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Plebeian »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by MD-2389:
Neitzl, I was referring to this as being taken for a grain of salt, which is what I thought you were talking about.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was joking based on the misusage of "taking [X] with a grain of salt". So he was wondering why you'd take some news "for" a grain of salt, then postulating that perhaps you might take it "with", instead. Image Image
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

I'll pick one up for my collection even though it's not the 'original'.