laptop busted!!!! Woe is me

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

laptop busted!!!! Woe is me

Post by Wang_Lo »

I just recently bought a new laptop an Averatec 6200. Very sweet, but runs a bit hot, so i exchanged it today cuz the touchpad died on me. Then after i got the replacement i dropped it and the HD dieddoh!! It wasn't even that hard or high of a drop below knee height. This is all in 2 weeks time. man i am POed. Have you guys heard anything about this brand. And should i get a different brand this time around?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

That sucks, dude.

I've never heard of that brand before. Personally, I would stick with a reputable brand. Perhaps one with a certified service center in your area. (one that can do warranty work) And since laptop's are somewhat un-fixable, I would get the best warranty possible to protect the investment.

I've had good experience with Dell laptops. They have a wide selection of different configurations, and they offer warranties up to 4 years. They even offer accidental damage warranties.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Don't drop your laptop :)
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Flatlander wrote:Don't drop your laptop :)
x2
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

IBM laptops have a G-detector for people like you. If it detects zero-G it immediately parks the heads and applies brakes to the HDD platters.

Oh - or, you could stop being an idiot dropping your laptop and actually take care of the expensive technology you own. ;)
Wang_Lo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Wang_Lo »

yah i know, it just slipped i was like shiiiiiiaaaattt!!! but now i got a new laptop they gave me a refund. new one is Toshiba M35X-S161. works good