Tom Cruise soaked with gag mic

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Tom Cruise soaked with gag mic

Post by BigSlideHimself »

Tom does a good job making the guy look like a moron:

http://www.tampabays10.com/video/player ... 5047&bw=hi
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Tom had amazing self control in that. I'm suprise he didn't tackle the guy.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Wow. Hopefully that's the real Tom Cruise, not the psychopathic couch-jumping nutjob. Cause if it is, my faith in humanity is no longer nil. :P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

he handled himself very well... made the guy look like a total moron.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Hmmm.

Whacko-nutjob Tom still is.

That whole scientology thing means his brain is incorrectly programmed to distinguish truth from fiction.
Ned
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ned »

Mobius wrote:Hmmm.

That whole scientology thing means his brain is incorrectly programmed to distinguish truth from fiction.
It hurts me deeply to say this in public, but Mobius is RIGHT!
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Ned wrote:
Mobius wrote:Hmmm.

It hurts me deeply to say this in public, but Mobius is RIGHT!
You'd need to be a scientologist in order not see it.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

I think Cruise handled that very well. I would have given the guy an enema with the phony microphone. :oops: Hmm, maybe there's something to L. Ron's teachings afterall. ;) Serenity now!

And when did Mobius start posting like Yoda?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Heh, what was the whole point to that?
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I dont like the guy, and frankly I dont give a damn about celebrity gossip but he handled the situation pretty well.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

im surprised at that. usualy tom is one of those "you U(#%_@*_%&(#&%* maggot!!" types
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Yes, but now he's in love. Awwww...
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

"You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk!"

:roll:
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I thought it was a funny practicle joke. It's only water. Dang, no harm done.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Dedman wrote:I thought it was a funny practicle joke. It's only water. Dang, no harm done.
He could have melted...
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

It's offensive, though. Say all you want about celebrities, the guy stopped to give them a short interview and they turn around and spray him in the face. If you walked into a job interview and in the middle of it got soaked in some lame practical joke would you find it as funny?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

The reporter was near to tears. Oops^3

I saw that on TV last night. Under certain circumstances that could be funny, I would think, but it seemed to me like it was in really poor taste as it was.

I think he handled it well.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Cruise should be glad the camera crew was not of the same ilk as the crew who interviewed Ahmad Shah Massoud of Afghanistan's Northern Alliance.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

yup?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

woodchip wrote:Cruise should be glad the camera crew was not of the same ilk as the crew who interviewed Ahmad Shah Massoud of Afghanistan's Northern Alliance.
For those wondering:

Two foreign suicide assassins, who had camouflaged themselves as journalists murdered Ahmad Shah Masood on the 18.06.1380 (09.09.2001) in Khoaja Bahauddin in the Takhar province.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

Careful with that vat of E&C, I don't want any of it dripping into my coffee!
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

JMEaT wrote:"You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk! You're a jerk!"

:roll:
Well, that's why they normally get scripts. :P
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

DCrazy wrote:It's offensive, though. Say all you want about celebrities, the guy stopped to give them a short interview and they turn around and spray him in the face. If you walked into a job interview and in the middle of it got soaked in some lame practical joke would you find it as funny?
It was unquestionably offensive, and a breach of trust. However, it was only water. The media is making it out like Tommy boy got punched in the face.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Well it's a slap in the face. It's a disrespect thing man. Like Tom said, he's taking the time (time that could have been spent with the 1000s of fans all around him) to answer this guy's questions, only to be squirted in the face. Might as well have spit in his face while he was at it. I don't think the media is making it out to be any worse than it is, at least not from what I've seen.

As far as follow up, Tom said he wants to pursue some sort action, whether that's legal or what I dont' know. Apparantly Sharon Osbourne was soaked by the same guy in similar circumstances, so I'd love to see Tom sue that station into bankruptcy.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

BigSlideHimself wrote:I don't think the media is making it out to be any worse than it is, at least not from what I've seen.
I just don't see it.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Eh.. my opinion..

It really was quite rude but he could've said you're a jerk about 20 times less than he did.

And wtf scientology.. I suppose when you make that much money you don't really need brains.
MehYam
DBB Head Flapper
DBB Head Flapper

Post by MehYam »

Jon the Great wrote:And wtf scientology.. I suppose when you make that much money you don't really need brains.
Even the term 'scientology' sounds like a ridiculous word made-up to snare people who slept through their high school science classes. I'm creating a new religion... I'm calling it, uh, Algebrology. Algebrists unite.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

why does no one like TC? :?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

heh.. it's a prank. so what?

boo hoo hoo, woe is tom. he got soaked with a gag mic. get over it. laugh dammit.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.
MehYam
DBB Head Flapper
DBB Head Flapper

Post by MehYam »

HaAGen DaZS wrote:why does no one like TC? :?
Naw, he's fine. He came out of the soaking thing with pretty good publicity by the looks of it.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

MehYam wrote:
Jon the Great wrote:And wtf scientology.. I suppose when you make that much money you don't really need brains.
Even the term 'scientology' sounds like a ridiculous word made-up to snare people who slept through their high school science classes. I'm creating a new religion... I'm calling it, uh, Algebrology. Algebrists unite.
That's because it is. L. Ron admitted he was going to make up a religion to get some cash, than, a year later, out popped scientology. He never really denied that it was complete bull★■◆●.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

MehYam wrote:
I like the term Appliantology better :wink:
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Vertigo, I assume your referencing the quote "if you want become rich, start a religion" that has been attributed to Hubbard. Many people (mostly scientologists) say that it was actually Aldous Huxley who said it, either way there's no documented proof.
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

Ferno wrote:heh.. it's a prank. so what?

boo hoo hoo, woe is tom. he got soaked with a gag mic. get over it. laugh dammit.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.
ok, well the thing is he was trying to give a serious interview about his "work". i think it is very insulting due to that and sheer pointlessness.

i didn't like any of his movies until around the time of jerry maguire. after jerry he really seemed to take his career seriously. and no matter what your job - when you're talking about what you do, it hurts to have it reduced to a three stooges joke.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I finally came around to watching the video. Looked like a boring interview any ways, with a lame joke to go along with it. Funny how they where trying to cover up the camera lens at the end. Uh hello any one home itâ??s a little late for that now.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I'm trying to imagine what i'd do. First off i'd be scared sh1tless, thinking immediately that the liquid could be acid or the like after that few seconds of panic, i, being a peaceful fella would probably try to knock his teeth out. So i reckon Tommy did quite well.

As an actor i think he's terrible. Only a few notches above Keano Reeves. His peers such as Brad and Johnny Depp make him look very average.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Well, in his defense he did get nominated for best supporting actor for Magnolia, and I'd say his performance on Born on the 4th of July was pretty stellar. But to each his/her own.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Being nominated for an oscar isn't the best defence in the world and after having a quick peek at his filmography i'd say in his better than average films the script carried him. Like you said though, each unto his/her own.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

The thing about it "just being water" is downplaying reasonable fear, though. It could have just as easily been acid or something else harmful. I'm sure it's pretty scary for the victim of the joke, 'specially in this day and age.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

acid.. wtf.