Stats from the track...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Stats from the track...

Post by llClutchll »

Well, I ran the '68 down the 1/4 for the first time...

http://www.yeticans.com/eatonraceday/

I'm pretty happy with the initial results

.1879- Reaction (Doh! Decimal goof! + .1879, not 1.879 )
2.1831 - 60ft
5.9762 - 330ft
9.1099 - 1/8 ET
78.82 - 1/8 MPH
11.8232 - 1000'
14.1361 - 1/4 ET
97.40 - 1/4 MPH

Engine = 345HP Ford Racing Crate w/Wieand 8011 intake and a Holley 4160
Trans = C4 w/TCI 3000RPM stall
Diff = 9" w/3:25 gears

The car ran great, but I couldn't hook up with my street tires (P245/60R14). I wanted her into the 13s, and it looks like with some tuning, I should be able to do that no problem. I don't think my diff was locking up either. I only had Tar/rubber on the pass side. It torked me off that I couldn't smoke a LS1 Camaro, but like I said, a little tuning... :)
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

Thanks Clutch, that brings back a lot of fond memories. :D You should be able to get her into the low 13's without to much trouble. Just knocking a second off that reaction time would get you into the 13's, but we'll blane that on wheel spin :P I can think of a lot of things you could do to make her faster, depending on how fast you want to go ;)

When was the last time that 9" had new clutch plates in it? Block the front tires and put her in neutral, jack one rear tire off the floor and try to spin it. If it spins it's broke :(
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Let's see.... 37 years! Yeah, I think I can blame the traction lock for this one :) Now I have to get that LS1 Camaro back to the track after I get it fixed! I also dropped the rear PSI to 25 pounds.

Man that was fun!
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Clutch, nice run for the a first day out. Get some slicks! :)

Komp, I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but reaction time has nothing to do with trap time and bringing the reaction time down will not increase his overall time.
Reaction time is the time between the lights and you breaking the beam. The clock doesn't actually start until the beam is broken.

Does that make sense?
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

Yeah.. I did know, it's just been so long that I had forgot, it's the reason you can run a faster time then the guy next to you and still lose the race :) But it did give me the chance to poke a little fun at Clutch :P
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Lookie there... I knocked a full second off the reaction time already! :P (Helps if I copy the friggin slip correctly)
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Nice job! The last time I was at the track it was with my buddy and his snowmobile. Yep, a snowmobile. Slick track in the back and inline skate wheels in the skis (not that you use the skis much since they go up at the green light and dont set down until you're 2/3rds of the way down the track. Best pull of the day was a 10.16 @ 119MPH. Crazy. This was 1997 Ski Doo Mach Z punched out to 1000cc.
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

I'd happily put my SS up against your 'Stang. Love to toy with a mustang that could actually KEEP UP with my car :)

Damn good times for a first run. Get yourself some stickier tires and a little fine tuning under the hood and you'll be seeing camaro headlights in your rearview for sure. A stock SS or Z28 weighs in around 3900-4200 pounds curb and the LS1 engine puts out 325HP give or take some change. Your car weighs less and overpowers. Looking good.

Might want to change out that rear diff too. That's a decent City/highway ratio... Go 3:73's or whatever the ford equivalent is. :D
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

SR is right about the 3.73's they are a very good street/strip gear. I used to run them in a 73 Vega and they put you at about 2500rpm @ 55mph (4 spd 1:1 4th ) which isn't bad for crusing, but it's not great for long trips like the Power Tour. The nice thing about a 9" ford is that you can go to a junk yard and find another carrier for your rear and have a setup just for drag racing, like a locker and 4.10's :). It only takes about 30 minutes to swap the gears and your ready to go.