Delta Air Lines Bankruptcy

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Delta Air Lines Bankruptcy

Post by AceCombat »

Who all is or has been an Employee of Delta Air Lines?

i know Dedman is, and my mother was. anyone else feeling any effects?

PS: i know im late posting this, but i havent seen anything on DBB about it, so i just posted this as a simple "hows everyone going to be affected?"
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

I got a letter from DA yesterday showing that I had a 30,000 mile balance on 2 old frequent flyer accounts that I had forgotten. If they had never alerted me to it I would of never known ... I mean these accounts are over 15 years old.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I no longer work for Delta. I left in the middle of June to pursue more fertle grounds. As in 30% pay increase.

Mrs. Dedman is still with Delta however. I was just talking with a friend of mine there this afternoon and he said that the rumor is more paycuts are on the way. All non pilot personell already took a 10% pay cut on Janurary 1 of this year. Now it looks like all Salary & Admin folks are going to lose another 9% and the mechanics are going to lose 7%.

I currently work with a few Delta retirees. They are really worried about their pensions.

Tough times.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Iceman wrote:I got a letter from DA yesterday showing that I had a 30,000 mile balance on 2 old frequent flyer accounts that I had forgotten. If they had never alerted me to it I would of never known ... I mean these accounts are over 15 years old.

you should use them before they strip off those accounts. that or find a way to convert them to funds or donate them.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

I work for Northwest Airlines and the last thing we want to do is mess with our customer base - or what little we have left in this market of low fare carriers. We anounced today that the flyer miles will not be touched in any way.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i heard a few rumors thats all, so im just giving a heads up if they turn out to be true.

man, it was weird with northwest......

all over Atlanta news channels and FNN, CNN, MSNBC....

then 5 minutes later here comes another breaking news interruption...... NORTHWEST FOLLOWS SUIT?!?! completely un-expected and un-announced
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

AceCombat wrote:you should use them before they strip off those accounts. that or find a way to convert them to funds or donate them.
yes. yes. donate them to me.

bitches.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

Northwests bankruptcy should not have been a surprise at all. They kept telling AMFA if wage and bennie cuts did not take place a bankruptcy would take place. AMFA went out on strike and NWA brought in replacement workers, 4 weeks later they filed. Few days after that they laid off 400 pilots and 1400 flight attendents with more layoffs coming I would assume.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

The latest from a friend of mine at Delta Tech Ops.
9,000 layoffs. 10% frontline cuts. 9% cut for S&A. 7% for mechanics ??? 5% increase for United Healthcare....much higher for HMO. One-time $50 annual fee for pass usage.

5 days combo sick/personal time...effect on certified/non-certified sick time was unclear. 4 week vacation cap (unless grandfathered). 15% profit share plan :) All retirement frozen. No retirement plan for new hires. 401K matching to be paid in $$$ instead of DAL stock. Preferred stock vaporized.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

Dedman wrote:The latest from a friend of mine at Delta Tech Ops.
9,000 layoffs. 10% frontline cuts. 9% cut for S&A. 7% for mechanics ??? 5% increase for United Healthcare....much higher for HMO. One-time $50 annual fee for pass usage.

5 days combo sick/personal time...effect on certified/non-certified sick time was unclear. 4 week vacation cap (unless grandfathered). 15% profit share plan :) All retirement frozen. No retirement plan for new hires. 401K matching to be paid in $$$ instead of DAL stock. Preferred stock vaporized.
I may need to pucker up :o
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Yes you may. Sorry man. :(