[RESOLVED] Announcements in Every Forum

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

[RESOLVED] Announcements in Every Forum

Post by DCrazy »

KB, when you post those all-forum-wide announcements, do you do them individually? If so, is there another way you could post them such that when I read it once, it marks it as read in all forums? Otherwise I have to go through every forum and click on the same thread in each in order to get rid of the energy packets. If not, I understand.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

DC,

No sir one of the dklfghdfk's of this version is that there is ABSOLUTELY no way to do a site wide announcements.

Add that to the pro's ;)
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

You could just go the bottom of the index page and click "Mark all forums read"... ;)
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Vindicator wrote:You could just go the bottom of the index page and click "Mark all forums read"... ;)
[spoiler]shhhhhh ... don't tell him about that[/spoiler]
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Yeah, but there are also threads that I want to read. If I wait until I'm done going through the BBS forum by forum to click "Mark All Topics Read" then I can't tell whether someone has added a new reply in a forum I've already visited.

Plus it's easier on the admins to just have one thread to create and lock rather than twelve.
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

I thought the purpose of the annoucement forum was so that you only had to have one post "announcing" something.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

This was something that I wanted to MAKE sure everyone had a chance to participate in.

Some people didn't bother to look in the announcement forum so I thought it beneficial to cross post the announcement throughout the forums.

It's too bad there are many people that won't participate in the conversations.

KB
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Hm, I always click on "View posts since last visit" when reading -- pretty much forum independent :)
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Grendel wrote:Hm, I always click on "View posts since last visit" when reading -- pretty much forum independent :)
x2
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Unix wrote:
Grendel wrote:Hm, I always click on "View posts since last visit" when reading -- pretty much forum independent :)
x2
x3
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

DCrazy wrote:Yeah, but there are also threads that I want to read. If I wait until I'm done going through the BBS forum by forum to click "Mark All Topics Read" then I can't tell whether someone has added a new reply in a forum I've already visited.

Plus it's easier on the admins to just have one thread to create and lock rather than twelve.
when you get done in the forum reading everything you want to read... click the mark all topics read in THAT FORUM only... then when you click out ... if anything has changed you will know. (i do this all the time in the Descent Single Player when i don't care about the bug report for the Mac OSX version of d2x-xl, i never look at it)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

RESOLVED - Added anouncment forums for future site wide announcements.