Descent 3 - from Windowz to Linux

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

cwoelkers
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 3 - from Windowz to Linux

Post by cwoelkers »

Here's the issue. I have all three Descent games, 1, 2, and 3. I have used them all in Windows/DOS with no problem. I have also been able to use D2X-XL to play Descent 2 and the Descent 1 missions in Linux, thanks Diedel. Now I want to play Descent 3 in Linux. I have tried Loki's demo and it worked great. Is there any way to use something like D2X-XL for Descent 3? Or how about using Loki's demo executibles with the full versions data files. Or possible getting the executibles for the Linux version of Descent 3. Any help would be appreciated as I want to get back to playing every game in the original series.
Thanks
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Descent 3 Linux

You could always get the Descent 3 Linux version.

The Half Price Book Store around here had about 20 copies about 6 months ago but sold them all according to the sales guy.
cwoelkers
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by cwoelkers »

I know. But I was hoping to not have to spend anymore money on it as I already own the full version for windows. But if that is the only way than I just might have to go that route.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

the linux version was made by loki entertainment who has since vanished from the face of the planet. the money for it went to them for putting the time into it...

p.s. edit your initial post.. it could be construed as a request for warez and thread might get closerzed :)